Beverage Of Choice

Stooonami

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Cheers for saving my head. Never had a terrible hangover at glastonbury really and don't plan on starting now.  

Had one in 09 or 10 on some "good Spanish red" or some other cheap shit and it put me down until 6pm the next day. Had to drink myself out of it with more good Spanish red and a few strawberry daquiris from the Rocket Lounge. 

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

Maybe the larger volume will take longer to heat up. Take a towel with you, soak it at the taps (in a sink to avoid creating more of a quagmire ;-)  ) then drape it around the keg to cool it by water evaporation.  It won't be ice cold, but cooler.  If you want me to carry out any scientific testing on temperatures, post me a full keg and I'll let you know how I get on.

Yeah, that was part of me reasoning, the volume thing. Good suggestion with the towel though. Pros and cons both sides of kegs and cans.. Thought pros were better, slightly. The temperature thing like I said, and also just that you can get stuff that's harder to come by in cans. I did have a browse and found Paulaner in cans but you're looking at £40 a case before postage, Warsteiner wasn't far behind.

Edited by RichardWaller
Paulaner isn't £40 a can

2 minutes ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

Just a quick question - does anywhere on site sell hot alcoholic drinks, like mulled cider?  Just for night time mind to keep the buzz going and take the chill off!

I had a couple of brilliant mulled ciders from a stall near the Bandstand on the way to the Pyramid Stage.

Beverage of choice?  Water, followed by fruit juice - I particularly enjoy elderflower on hot days.  Later on in the day it becomes Red Bull to keep me going.  Hot chocolate to go to bed and strong coffee in the morning.

S-tt you might get mulled cider at the Cider Bus.  If not I'm sure plenty of other places will offer it.

32 minutes ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

Just a quick question - does anywhere on site sell hot alcoholic drinks, like mulled cider?  Just for night time mind to keep the buzz going and take the chill off!

The cider bus does a cracking Hot & Spicy. It's lush, especially if it's a little overcast, first thing in the morning.

Not sure I can remember seeing it anywhere else.

• 3 weeks later...

Took 4 of these last year - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=251557187, got us reliably stocious. Cheap and strong, take the bag out the box, chuck it in my backpack and it's easy street. Gets harder to drink day by day,I was sick of by Saturday but if you break it up with stuff bought from the bars it's fine. 

Also taking a litre of green mark and jd, possibly Kahlua too, on the recommendation of you lot. 

3 hours ago, Moonwalker said:

It will mainly be Ciders for me this year, thinking maybe Kopperberg and some Strongbow Dark Fruits.  I had mainly lager last year, and found it was not very refreshing on the warmer days!  So I'm feeling a wee change is in order this year!

Wrongbow dark fruits I find so sickly after a couple, bought loads a few years ago, regretted it by the Thursday. Still drank them mind. I'm going for some desperados, Magners, gin, rum (ginger ale and slimline tonics for mixers) and I'm gonna try that dishwasher vodka, just gotta choose which sweets to use. I'm leaning to pineapple chunks or cola cubes...

If anyone is still interested in which wine to get, I got a box from tesco called Australian. It's only about £14 and holds 4 bottles. I tried it last weekend and it was lovely, very smooth. And I didn't have too much of a hangover the next day (myself and my dad drank 4 bottles and a good few beers) 

i always go for Australian wines now, Spanish has never done it for me. 

23 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

Got some rhubarb gin for the morning to settle things. Then Brewdog's Elvis Juice for the daytime - grapefruit infused IPA. Black forest vodka for night time.

Dude, can I hang out with you? that's a mighty fine selection you have yourself. 

Was just in my local corner shop and spied a lone bottle of Buckfast on the shelves and has to buy it after reading some of you saying you have it for breakfast at Glasto. 

What can I expect from such a tipple from those in the know?

Edited by Skoo