Beverage Of Choice

Stooonami

18 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Usually have Guinness in the morning at the tent cold from the cool box, find it much easier to start the day than Lager, afternoon would be a few cans of lager   

Decent vodka in the evening mixed with Diet Coke bought from the stalls in the evening.

It's just like food and drink rolled into one that stuff, we were a bit upset when they stopped selling it at the Stonebridge bar at the Park

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowhere near as heavy a drinker as I used to be, it started to get the better of me, and my new other half barely drinks, but will be armed with boxes of red, and that cider box thing sounds good. Might have a little malt stashed away somewhere as well for warming the evening cockles, or maybe Jäger 

I'm planning on bringing a couple of bottle of decent vodka and a box or two of red wine. Once drunk re-inflate the bag and instant camping pillow.

I'm also playing around with ways of decanting sparkling wine into another container whilst retaining the fizz. Not sure how well it is going to work but worth a go, I'd love to sit at the top of the hill on Wednesday night with a glass of English sparkling wine looking over the site.

1 hour ago, serendipitous said:

I'm planning on bringing a couple of bottle of decent vodka and a box or two of red wine. Once drunk re-inflate the bag and instant camping pillow.

I'm also playing around with ways of decanting sparkling wine into another container whilst retaining the fizz. Not sure how well it is going to work but worth a go, I'd love to sit at the top of the hill on Wednesday night with a glass of English sparkling wine looking over the site.

Sparkling stuff will probably be ok decanted on first day but after that it will be flat as a fart

I'm bringing red wine, good stuff  now but still bag in a box for convenience sakes, then pints of cider and the odd white when the mood strikes!

Last year i got some fantastic cider made by a lovely gent, in the permaculture cafe excellent all weekend and on the wednesday before the fireworks JohN Fairhurst did a steller set to about 30 peopl, defo worth checking out
This guy played right before. Excellent start!

I'm not much of a drinker, prefer a smoke if I'm honest and I certainly wont take Carling/Stella or another lager, they just give me the most bloated stomach. 

I'll more than likely take a bottle or 2 of Souther Comfort and then buy mixers from the ice cream vans. Also I have heard there are a large selection of Ales in a tent somewhere? Is this true? Also is it open Wednesday? Thanks all 

Ah love the booze threads. Strawberry and Lime koppos for breakfast start the day off, then a few bulmers for the day, hitting rum and / or gin for the evening. Drank loads more spirits last year as came by coach, will be doing the same again this year. Gonna add Jamesons and some honey brandy to the artillery this year too. Would love to find a decent Guinness on site, heard a place by Acoustic used to do it, anywhere else does anyone know?

I need help. Gin is my favourite drink by far, and after several years of hearing about peoples infused gin I'm going to go for it. Always been put off by the prospect of warm gin but tried someones last year and it was fine :) However I cannot decide what flavour to do, top suggestions on flavoured gin anyone?

Edited by kellly

3 minutes ago, kellly said:

I need help. Gin is my favourite drink by far, and after several years of hearing about peoples infused gin I'm going to go for it. Always been put off by the prospect of warm gin but tried someones last year and it was fine :) However I cannot decide what flavour to do, top suggestions on flavoured gin anyone?

there is a great recipe for pineapple gin by one poster, maybe at the beginning of this thread

I usually do fruity cider cans and a couple of cold pints during the day and then move on to spirits around 5pm... I have to stop drinking cider early evening because otherwise I end up needing a wee about 3 times during the headliners.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, kellly said:

Sloe, blackberry, raspberry or damson. Anything dark and fruity is delicious in gin!