Beverage Of Choice

Stooonami

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

A couple of cans of Stella or Kronenberg for breakfast, Thatchers in the afternoon, red wine and red bull for the early evening and then shots (usually tequilla or Jaeger) through the night.

It's a similar story here. Stella for breakfast / to motivate myself to leave my tent, then on to the wine boxes, before cracking out the voddy in the evenings.

This year just the one crate of Cider most likely Kopparberg, sick of the stickiness you get off drink excess amounts of cider over 5 days.

Spirits wise, 2 Ciroc red Berry, bottle of JD and Captain Morgans Spiced rum. Just buy cold bottles from the ice creams vans/shops and cold pints of soft drinks at the bars to mix them

Still ticketless (fingers crossed Sunday!) but for the sake of my liver I want to pick either grape or grain this year.  I usually bring some vodka concoctions and then supplement that with a few beers or ciders (I'd happily drink a bit of everything).  I'm thinking of maybe making some whiskey concoctions for a change and then sticking with beer, or else cider / vodka combo.

I swear by Westons Wyld Wood Cider, usually bring 4 3L boxes (only £7 each!), one usually lasts for a day of bimbleing.

and then usually a crate of 20 or so thatchers or whatever's cheap and half-decent, for nighttime wanderings... plus a coupla spare cans for the queue in.

On a caffeine note, I usually chuck in 20 or so of those starbucks double shot cans, they're tiny and usually a quid or so each, plus somehow they usually stay pretty cold... I used to bring a ton of energy drink (relentless) but I can't handle it too well anymore, mixed with booze it can be a bit too intense...

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Ripe Pineapples, cut them up, add gin, put in a sealed jar, leave for a while, sift remains, voila 

When you say "sift remains" does that involve some squeezing? Is it worth taking the pineapple along as a hairy dog breakfast?! 
Mine's been 1 month in a jar and will stay that way until the weekend before.

Our glastonbury bucks fizz is cider and orange juice - nothing better to start the day.

A nice box of rose which is a good drink for the daytime and not too bad slightly warm. 

Then around 5pm get three pints of brothers (think it was three for 10 pound last year) this is a great pick me up and a nice lead in to some rum or gin in the evening 

31 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

When you say "sift remains" does that involve some squeezing? Is it worth taking the pineapple along as a hairy dog breakfast?! 
Mine's been 1 month in a jar and will stay that way until the weekend before.

Our glastonbury bucks fizz is cider and orange juice - nothing better to start the day.

I personally wouldn't be eating the pineapple, but I do give it a good squeeze to let all the gin and juices pile out of them 

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Rum, using something from the Shaken Udder as a mixer.

Though the idea of bringing pre-mixed vodka and Kahlua in and making White Russians with the milk from the truck definitely also appeals.

Second for this! Water carrier full of vodka and Kahlua, goes down a treat in my camp! Nice cold milk sold in loads of places on site too :-) 

48 minutes ago, Lou1983 said:

Second for this! Water carrier full of vodka and Kahlua, goes down a treat in my camp! Nice cold milk sold in loads of places on site too :-) 

I'm liking the sound of white russian's as am a bit partial to them anyway, might as well start on the slippery slope early lol :D

on what to drink well it's either beer or cider for me during day, brought fursty ferret for the 1st time last year so will go with this again along with some cans of passion fruit cider (breakfast) and top up with the odd cold one from the bar

Usually carry a water bottle of spirits for later - JD, Rum or even Jager but with jager have to carry mini cans of ginger ale as I swear its the best thing ever jager with ginger ale!!

have tried vodka with the milkshakes on site and have to agree they are well nice as you can get a bit beered out sometimes

rose wine stays in the tent as I would die if drank that all day, but a cheeky cup when back at the tent goes down a treat (goes back to beered out point lol)

Usually have Guinness in the morning at the tent cold from the cool box, find it much easier to start the day than Lager, afternoon would be a few cans of lager   

Decent vodka in the evening mixed with Diet Coke bought from the stalls in the evening.