M83

mike86

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just done a M83 vs James blake listening session. Based on that set list posted above and JB at Sonar..  And M83 is currently winning because well - bit more lively uplifting leaping around isn't it?  Even though some incredibly beautiful songs by James Blake ( second half of that set list especially ) Not sure I can handle the intense introspection on a saturday night !

In a bit of a dilemma now. James Blake (my nailed on Saturday headliner) is now playing Belfast in October which I could go to (live in Liverpool for uni but from Belfast) which frees me up to see M83, but then there's a risk of not seeing James Blake at all if I can't get home for the weekend, but M83 where one of the bands I was most looking forward to pre-clashes. I think the lack of Kim & Jessie and Saturdays=Youth in general may sway me towards the safer James Blake option though..

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of my favourite ever sets, and havent seen them mentioned much, so feel I need to bump this thread.

Such a great performance, and a real feel-good atmosphere in the tent. Very glad I decided to research them when I needed to find a Saturday headliner.

Given CHVRCHES had just nailed their performance on the other, this was the icing on my Saturday cake.

Really loved what I saw of M83. Only the first 30 minutes as we then went over to Adele, but they blew me away. Only really knew Midnight City (which I wasn't there long enough for) and a few others casually, but they were just magical. 

Wasn't that busy, although it was filling out more by the time I left, but Fatboy Slim in comparison had a massive crowd - maybe he wanted to be on earlier so he could go watch Adele!

Definitely going to be checking out more of their stuff now.

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

Yeah they were very good. Still wish they played some of the older older stuff though, only one Saturdays = Youth song and only one more before then! 

they played two from Saturdays = Youth didn't they? Couleurs and We Own The Sky. definitely would prefer Kim & Jessie or Graveyard Girl over the latter though. also played one from Before the Dawn Heals Us and one from their self titled album (although never listened to that one)

gutted to have missed this! all accounts of it seem very positive (was kind of hoping it wouldn't be that great so i wouldn't have to feel bad about missing it :P)

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

they played two from Saturdays = Youth didn't they? Couleurs and We Own The Sky. definitely would prefer Kim & Jessie or Graveyard Girl over the latter though. also played one from Before the Dawn Heals Us and one from their self titled album (although never listened to that one)

gutted to have missed this! all accounts of it seem very positive (was kind of hoping it wouldn't be that great so i wouldn't have to feel bad about missing it :P)

Ah yeah true they did. Though I wasn't that big a fan of the self titled album! Some more off Dead Cities.., Before the Dawn Heals Us and something else off Saturdays = Youth as you said would've been nice. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah they played Sitting from the debut (never listened to it either) and that was one of my favourites on the night. Think I even enjoyed it more than Couleurs.

Pleasant surprise to hear Oblivion too - wasnt sure they'd play it given the guest vocalist, but the keyboardist filled in nicely.

Edited by Lubic87

1 hour ago, Lubic87 said:

This was one of my favourite ever sets, and havent seen them mentioned much, so feel I need to bump this thread.

Such a great performance, and a real feel-good atmosphere in the tent. Very glad I decided to research them when I needed to find a Saturday headliner.

Given CHVRCHES had just nailed their performance on the other, this was the icing on my Saturday cake.

I too watched both churches and m83 and both were excellent , m83 was particularly great in sound and visually stunning too 

• 1 month later...

I watched M83 at NOS Alive and Sziget, both were phenomenal performances, especially at Sziget where they played Wait, and Mai Lan came on stage. It was my best concert ever and so it was for 3 other friends that aren't die-hard fans.

They deserve more recognition! I was in trance at NOS Alive during "Outro".

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, reflekting said:

Just came back from the Brixton show. Wow, they really smashed it. The Junk songs again sounded far better live than on record. As good, if not better than the headline show in the JP tent. 

I love Junk, and the songs work really well live. The setlists they have been doing this tour are spot on for me.

Loved Glastonbury, and was gutted they chose a midweek date for Brixton / didn't give us a Northern date. Will watch the Sasquatch 2016 set on youtube to make up for it (fantastic if you haven't seen it)

Edited by Lubic87