M83

mike86

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new album is one of those rare accomplishments that it's so bad it not only drains your desires to seem them live, AND it also makes you question whether the previous stuff was as good as you thought it was. What was he thinking?!

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

The new album is one of those rare accomplishments that it's so bad it not only drains your desires to seem them live, AND it also makes you question whether the previous stuff was as good as you thought it was. What was he thinking?!

i don't think anything could ever take away from their previous stuff for me, but after a few desperate repeated listens in an attempt to make some sense out of the new one, i think i'm done with it. it just isn't good. after seeing that they only played two songs from it at Coachella and that the amount of songs being played from it on their own tour has seemingly reduced as well i'm hoping that there won't be much of it on show at Glastonbury. actually made me appreciate HUWD quite a bit more and i'd welcome a set heavy with it's material (although definitely hope they add something from Saturdays = Youth in there as well)

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Arguably bigger though, so maybe vice versa. They're both at a sorta amber alert level on my must sees so I can take whichever but would happily miss for Sigur Ros.

Reckon James Blake has the bigger stature in the UK and they'd be more willing to give him the headline slot. WH headliner seems like a bit of a push for M83 - Blake seems well on his way there and that's without his new album having been released

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Clashing with Chvrches would be a bit shite 

Aye but M83 were always ripe to be part of some horrible clash - just hoping its a lesser one for me as I really do want to see them  (clashing with Chvrches would be shite, but I've seen em before and am not a huge fan of the latest album so I think I could get over it)

18 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Had M83 as a WH sub until the 8 acts on WH info.

Going for Park headliner and the final nail in the coffin of the Sigur Sat dream.

Shite forgot about that. Guess there's still a chance that one/some of the acts we're expecting to play on WH actually play on the Pyramid/elsewhere, but makes M83 headlining the Park seem a lot more likely

Just now, fingers_mark said:

Could easily headline JP.

Would have to be Friday or Saturday.

Playing Manchester Ritz on the Sunday and Glasgow ABC on the Monday - http://ilovem83.com/#tour

Playing Solidays in France that weekend too, so looking more like Saturday for Glastonbury.

think Saturday is their only free day now, and Fatboy Slim is seemingly headlining the JP that day so it's either WH sub or Park

On 4/19/2016 at 4:24 PM, Tuna said:

Did anyone see early M83? How much did I miss out?

Seeing them in 2005 was one of my ‘Glasto moments’ – I had never heard of them before, and remember wandering down from the Dance Village and I heard the haunting synths of Moon Child (it may have been Don’t Save us from the Flames, all I can remember were the wonderful synth sounds) coming out of the JP tent. I thought that sounded ace so went inside and was blown away. Liked them ever since, although theie music is a bit too TV advert friendly for my liking these days

P.S. a similar ‘Glasto moment’ occurred for me in 2007 when I heard the wonderful Lovely Allen by Holy Fuck whilst sitting outside the JP tent on a Saturday afternoon. Loved them ever since too!

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil said in another thread that he had word that there were 8 WH acts on the first poster, although he wasn't sure who

Cheers, so still loads to go on WH. I'd love to see Public Service Broadcasting back there again. They were fantastic up against Dolly 2 years back. 

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil said in another thread that he had word that there were 8 WH acts on the first poster, although he wasn't sure who

yep. I guarantee the 8 announced acts for WH so far is accurate.

Make your own guesses for who the 8 acts are - I don't know myself, tho I do know that Kasami Washington is definitely one of them, tho that's hardly a surprise.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Looking forward to this now, anyone else joining on the saturday evening?

Probably. The new album is a big disappointment but they aren't playing too much of it and a couple of the tracks should be fun live. The big songs from HUWD are perfect festival fare, and the Midnight City sax solo always brings me joy.

I'm all over it.

Would like to see James Blake or Adele, but unless they announce a London gig before Glasto then the lure of 75 mins of M83 will be too much. Especially as I'm seeing both Muse and Coldplay for the 'bigger gig'. Proper Saturday night band too.

That's even before you look at the set and see they're playing nearly all the HUWD bangers. I like Junk, but don't love it.

I'm leaning towards it at the moment, but I have worries. Last time I saw a headliner on John Peel it was MGMT who were the most dancey main stage headliner on at that time and everyone seemed happy to chat while waiting for Kids and Time to Pretend to lose it to. I'm fearing the same but with Midnight City.