Screening of Euros?

MissMollyAnna

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Personally It's doubtful they'll show Wales so I don't know why I'm in the debate

As a Wales fan,major football tournaments have never interfered with my festivals before, ha ha.

If they show the Wales game, I'll watch it.Ill be paying 0% attention to the 'football shouldn't be at Glastonbury' crew.

The way I look at it, unless it's up against a Led Zep reunion or something, whchever band I miss to watch the game I'll be able to see at another time.

The bar up at Williams Green has had all sorts of events on before. Pretty sure they had the tennis on the other year. I tend to get a drink in there most days as I like a lot of the food vendors up at Williams Green. 

3 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The bar up at Williams Green has had all sorts of events on before. Pretty sure they had the tennis on the other year. I tend to get a drink in there most days as I like a lot of the food vendors up at Williams Green. 

Yeah, I was thinking that as I happened to be up at Williams Green when they showed the Holland -Mexico game that someone was talking about earlier.

iv resigned myself to missing the first Wales game against Slovakia as it is on the Saturday of Download.Again, I'll watch the Wales game if they show it anywhere but if not I'll happily watch Skindred/Deftones or whoever is on at the same time.

12 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

In an ideal world the entire festival would avoid the score all evening and then we could all watch a replay of the game on the Pyramid after Adele :) 

Brilliant plan. You could even show Wales, Northern Ireland or Ireland games on the other screens - assuming somebody has invented a device that records from the television...

16 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

In an ideal world the entire festival would avoid the score all evening and then we could all watch a replay of the game on the Pyramid after Adele :) 

That would be awesome! Though you would definitely find out the score

20 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

100% this.

People seem quite happy for all the other activities to go on in Glastonbury but for some reason football seems to be an activity that people feel the need to vocally disagree with.

if anything, Glastonbury is more suited to showing football than other festivals as there is plenty of other activities going on if you don't like football.

I'm not a rugby fan but if they started showing rugby at Glastonbury I'd simply walk 300 yards in either direction and watch something else,leave them to it.

Football turns people into ING-UR-LUND chanting bellends.

If it's that important to you, fuck off and see it offsite.

29 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Football turns people into ING-UR-LUND chanting bellends.

If it's that important to you, fuck off and see it offsite.

Very mature. I think I'd prefer ' ingurland chanting Bellends ' than your shirty mentality towards people with other interests to your own. It's no way important enough that I'd leave site to watch a drab quarter final in the euros but if the option was there it would be Considered. Anyway I thought this was a forum for discussion, not telling people to do one

18 minutes ago, danwood said:

Very mature. I think I'd prefer ' ingurland chanting Bellends ' than your shirty mentality towards people with other interests to your own. It's no way important enough that I'd leave site to watch a drab quarter final in the euros but if the option was there it would be Considered. Anyway I thought this was a forum for discussion, not telling people to do one

If you people want to watch the football that's fine by me. But don't impose it on the rest of us. Taking up precious space just to appease you neanderthals is the last thing the festival should do. But I understand why they are worried: if they don't show it somewhere you knuckle-dragging primitives will probably trash the site in rage, like you usually do.

A lot of people go to the festival to get away from the grotesqueness of society, and football is the very embodiment of all that is wrong with the modern world. Why on earth should the festival be polluted with this nonsense? Your entitled attitude is absolutely sickening.

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

If you people want to watch the football that's fine by me. But don't impose it on the rest of us. Taking up precious space just to appease you neanderthals is the last thing the festival should do. But I understand why they are worried: if they don't show it somewhere you knuckle-dragging primitives will probably trash the site in rage, like you usually do.

A lot of people go to the festival to get away from the grotesqueness of society, and football is the very embodiment of all that is wrong with the modern world. Why on earth should the festival be polluted with this nonsense? Your entitled attitude is absolutely sickening.

My attitude is sickening, haaaa. Take a look back at your last two posts and reassess your claim. You realise a lot of footy fans in this thread have said they wouldn't be watching the football even if it was on so stop with your sweeping statements. And then to call us all neanderthals lol, your view of life is very cynical I can't even really be arsed to argue back as it's clear I'll be arguing with a brick wall, have an awesome festival buddy xoxoxoxoxo sleep tight don't let the football fans bite. c**t.

10 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I don't think that's true of the people on here. You do have a point, that more broadly it attracts and promotes a certain sort of behaviour that you see less at the festival (but still exists) and it could encourage that. But you lose that point if you just attack individual posters who are being quite reasonable here.

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I don't think that's true of the people on here. You do have a point, that more broadly it attracts and promotes a certain sort of behaviour that you see less at the festival (but still exists) and it could encourage that. But you lose that point if you just attack individual posters who are being quite reasonable here.

I'm not attacking any individual. It applies to all of them.

Glastonbury is the last place we need the jingoistic, tribal nonsense that football inspires.

12 minutes ago, danwood said:

My attitude is sickening, haaaa. Take a look back at your last two posts and reassess your claim. You realise a lot of footy fans in this thread have said they wouldn't be watching the football even if it was on so stop with your sweeping statements. And then to call us all neanderthals lol, your view of life is very cynical I can't even really be arsed to argue back as it's clear I'll be arguing with a brick wall, have an awesome festival buddy xoxoxoxoxo sleep tight don't let the football fans bite. c**t.

That will never happen.  Not in 17,138 posts :P

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

Right, but not everyone that likes football acts like that.

It's a herd mentality. I used to live right by a football stadium. I've seen it with my own eyes: the punch ups, the aggression, the hate, the racism. 

But I'm sure they are perfectly respectable people, with normal jobs and normal lives individually.

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Right, but not everyone that likes football acts like that.

you're arguing with the most hypocritical moron on efestivals, which is really saying something.

he's proven time and time again to be a complete fucking idiot with a massive chip on his shoulder about various factions of society, so leave him wallow in his own ignorance.

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

you're arguing with the most hypocritical moron on efestivals, which is really saying something.

he's proven time and time again to be a complete fucking idiot with a massive chip on his shoulder about various factions of society, so leave him wallow in his own ignorance.

Must be frustrating for you, not being able to punch me on the nose right now.

35 minutes ago, russycarps said:

It's a herd mentality. I used to live right by a football stadium. I've seen it with my own eyes: the punch ups, the aggression, the hate, the racism. 

But I'm sure they are perfectly respectable people, with normal jobs and normal lives individually.

When? It's also changed significantly in the past decade. While small groups of people acting like that still exist, you get families and such at matches these days.

(I hate football too, so I'm not defending it, and the 80s/90s hooliganism and such was awful, but it's not the same any more)

(in many ways, it mirrors the changes to Glastonbury, which was also apparently rife with crime/gangs pre-fence, and is now a far more family friendly, middle-class affair, for better or worse)