Screening of Euros?

MissMollyAnna

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time there's a tournament on there's a thread of a similar nature.  Truth is sometimes in the past they've catered for it and others they haven't.  I remember watching a game with a partial view of a telly in a tent which I think was in West Holts and we lost.

As others have said the pyramid one was good, but I assume that was at a time that didn't clash with other acts?  I was too drunk to recall.

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Every time there's a tournament on there's a thread of a similar nature.  Truth is sometimes in the past they've catered for it and others they haven't.  I remember watching a game with a partial view of a telly in a tent which I think was in West Holts and we lost.

As others have said the pyramid one was good, but I assume that was at a time that didn't clash with other acts?  I was too drunk to recall.

I think that's the issue with this year's match, if we get through we'll be playing on a Saturday! Be nice to go for the atmosphere, but I'm not going to give up any acts to watch the football despite being a huge fan!

I thankfully missed the Germany game, was laid out in one of the tents in the Dance Village in the shade and could hear some of the guys working with the radio on, the game on the Wednesday was alright, although was ridiculously boring, cracking atmosphere!

The Columbia game in 1998 was amazing though.

I was wondering when this thread would start...

This is going to be something of a pain for the organisers; England will almost certainly get through to the last 16 because 3 of the 4 teams in their group (probably) will.

The issue is that they could be playing on either:

Saturday 5pm - if they win the group (unlikely, I know)

Saturday 8pm - one of the potential slots if they finish 3rd

Sunday 5pm - one of the potential slots if they finish 3rd

Monday 8pm - If they finish 2nd (would mean they play after the festival finishes)

We won't know which until at least 10pm on the Monday of the week of the festival (and possibly later if they finish 3rd) - which will create a logistical headache for the organisers in terms of making plans, so they might go down the line of a couple of years ago of making it clear the footie won't be shown (though as Neil says, that could lead to issues with people heading off site)

I can't imagine they'll show the Republic of Ireland v Italy match at 8pm on the Wednesday either, but that would certainly be fun!

3 minutes ago, MissMollyAnna said:

THIS is the sole reason I want them to screen it. More men in Golddigga bikinis from Sports Direct please. This was from 2010.

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 11.10.41.png

The most disturbing thing in that photo is the girl on the right, who's wearing wellies and thick socks. It was at least 30C that afternoon, not to mention that fact that we'd barely seen a cloud, let alone a drop of rain, all weekend. Her feet must have been literally boiling in there :( 

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

1 minute ago, jed300 said:

If we win I expect New Order to play World In Motion and wheel out John Barnes

Ahhhhhh that would be so amazing :)

Listening to this tune always makes me feel like a 9 year old kid again

I heard a rumour that Stormzy has been approached to record the official euro 16 tune lol

2 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

The most disturbing thing in that photo is the girl on the right, who's wearing wellies and thick socks. It was at least 30C that afternoon, not to mention that fact that we'd barely seen a cloud, let alone a drop of rain, all weekend. Her feet must have been literally boiling in there :( 

My first Glasto in 2010 was actually a very short one. I had to leave the festival on Saturday night because I was horrendously sunstroke and couldn't move without being sick/get shade anywhere, so missed Stevie Wonder :( It was so so ridiculously hot.

11 minutes ago, jed300 said:

If we win I expect New Order to play World In Motion and wheel out John Barnes

Will be upset to miss them anyway if they headline the other. I will forgo what may be my only chance to see Adele (who I really like) to see this though. Number 1 when I was born too 

1 minute ago, Heather90 said:

Will be upset to miss them anyway if they headline the other. I will forgo what may be my only chance to see Adele (who I really like) to see this though. Number 1 when I was born too 

Went to see Adele in Manchester this year. Bought £35 tickets and when we got there we were in the back block, right on the back row with a restricted view. One of the managers then came and asked if we wanted to be moved to two rows from the front (£95 tickets). It was honestly one of the best concerts I've been to lately, I've followed her from the 19 album and she was brilliant. I know she's had a lot of stick for being put as the Saturday headliner, but my god she can hold a place and belt out a few tunes, will definitely be paying a visit to the Pyramid on the Sat!

1 minute ago, MissMollyAnna said:

Went to see Adele in Manchester this year. Bought £35 tickets and when we got there we were in the back block, right on the back row with a restricted view. One of the managers then came and asked if we wanted to be moved to two rows from the front (£95 tickets). It was honestly one of the best concerts I've been to lately, I've followed her from the 19 album and she was brilliant. I know she's had a lot of stick for being put as the Saturday headliner, but my god she can hold a place and belt out a few tunes, will definitely be paying a visit to the Pyramid on the Sat!

I agree, heard great reviews from friends. However, few things beat John Barnes rapping 

Another here who missed Ray and Slash to be part of "the biggest England crowd watching the game" (including the stadium and official fanzone) telling you that, however much you love football, you'll massively regret choosing it over the festival itself. Don't do it, even if it is on. The Germany game essentially ruined the end of the festival for plenty of people. Plus, the festival might never start if they show the England game - won't James refuse to go on stage until after it?!!