Technical tips for resale

nathy137

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can get one of those auto refresh add ons for Google Chrome that will stop refreshing once the page changes. 

Saying that I used it for tickets in October and didn't even get on to the site, girlfriend used her bog standard old ass laptop and managed to get 20 tickets, so It's all just luck. 

If you don't get tickets in the resale then don't give up because there is still plenty of time between now and Glasto, just have the money for the WHOLE TICKET ready and put aside in case anything comes up.

there really doesn't seem to be any technical way of improving your chances other than have as many people trying for you as possible

we got our tickets in October with a laptop running Vista on 3mb village broadband, when that happened it smashed any theory's I had on technical mumbojumbo

Last year you were able to have multiple incognito tabs all loading at the same time, since they were incognito they were all individual sessions. Chrome seems to have changed now and all tabs are the same session so it will mess up your queue. If one tab gets through, they all get through. 

Basically the only option to have multiple sessions on the same computer is to run different browsers (chrome, IE, firefox, safari). Or find a browser that lets you run different sessions within it. 

Edited by MikeJ86

use one tab on as many different browsers as you have installed, with all viewable on screen.

And then press f5 furiously on one of them, and let the other auto-refresh ... and hopefully you'll get the payment page on one of them.

Outside of that, it's down to the luck of the timing for when your page request hits the servers - if there's a free slot to let you thru at the moment your request hits, you get thru.

I've only got 2 other people helping me out, though I've got 1 Mac, 1 pc, 2 phones, 1 laptop and an iPad at my disposal on Sunday morning so with another 2 people helping me out I'm hoping that's enough but god I'm getting less and less confident now.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

use one tab on as many different browsers as you have installed, with all viewable on screen.

This.  Add as many people and computers to the equation doing just this as you can.  8 of us trying at separate locations this year, only one got through, thankfully one was enough.

4 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

theres often rumours about having faster connections helping you etc but thats bs (200mb fibre here didnt get a sniff on ticket day thankfully mates did), the ticketing page isnt exactly full of massive graphics and videos that take ages to load and its much to do with luck on the server side of things rather then your side of the connection anyway...that luck being you get through just as a slot opens up.

Just pound the shit out of your f5 key and dont do what I almost did last year where id gotten so much into an rhythm that when I did get through I was milliseconds away from refreshing out of it before my brain registered I was though haha

Dont worry, refreshing once youre through just brings up the payment screen again. 

My advice is (having got coach+ticket packages by 9.05 last October, and a Tipi within 2 minutes of going on sale) is to have just one tab open. Refresh, refresh, refresh UNTIL you get to the first page. Once you're in, start entering details, then inevitably the browser will stall. Do NOT (I REPEAT, DO NOT!!!) refresh. Instead, click back, re-enter details, and then try to proceed again. This happened for the tickets and tipi for me, but just kept going back to last screen, re-entering, and proceeding, and then it worked a treat.

I also had two laptops on the go, but once I was in, I focussed only on one laptop.

Final bit of advice..... BREATHE!!! My heart rate was up in the thousands during the sale, I swear!!

I use an iPad on mobile data and a laptop which I keep refreshing.

Can't stress the refresh point others have made enough. Last two years there have been five of us trying and I tell everybody to drop all else and refresh like hell for twenty minutes. Two minutes in they are all on Whatsapp saying "I can't get through". That countdown timer seems to act as an instruction and people just sit and watch it. Meanwhile I bang the fuck out of my keyboard and have been the one to get through.

Good luck!

Last year I sat at home, two ipads, phones and 2 laptops going through our normally decent wifi and just got nowhere until too late. By the time the resale came round I was skint anyway

This time we were sat in a hotel room piggybacking the hotel wifi with two ipads and my trusty laptop.

The laptop did the trick after 15 mins of F5. Had a couple of nervous moments whilst shaking, like disabling the bloody mouse by mistake!

I think its all down to the server end tbh

Recommended this in another thread but this iphone/ipad app is pretty brilliant. It auto-refreshes on a page until the page changes based on a word being removed (for example, when you're on the holding page you might choose the word "holding").

It's £1.49 but I thought bugger it and downloaded it. Seems to work well and I'll just have it sitting there auto refreshing whilst I try on my computer at work!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/refreshinator-auto-refresh/id1067848872?mt=8

Just now, thatcrazypenguin said:

thats a good idea but does anyone have any idea if the seetickets servers have any kind of ddos or flood protection? if so auto refresh apps may be a bad idea as they may try and establish so many connections in such a short space of time that the see servers may treat them as a threat and block the ips.

That is a very good question...I guess to be safe I'd argue not to use the app as your main source of getting a ticket!

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

And then press f5 furiously on one of them, and let the other auto-refresh ... and hopefully you'll get the payment page on one of them.

Outside of that, it's down to the luck of the timing for when your page request hits the servers - if there's a free slot to let you thru at the moment your request hits, you get thru.

I'm 2 for 2 when it comes to trying for tickets, and that's the exact method I've used. Both times it's actually been fairly straightforward (1st in the resale, 2nd in the main sale). Firefox and Chrome, side by side and just F5'ing Chrome.

I also had my phone on auto refresh too over 4G, but then never came close to getting through.

50 minutes ago, sloseph said:

there really doesn't seem to be any technical way of improving your chances other than have as many people trying for you as possible

we got our tickets in October with a laptop running Vista on 3mb village broadband, when that happened it smashed any theory's I had on technical mumbojumbo

Bandwidth speed had nothing to do with it.

By far the biggest life-saver I've had over the years - a program called ShortKeys Lite.

A free program that allows you to assign lines of text to a couple of key strokes.

For example, if youre getting 4 tickets, you can assign each reg number to the shortcut '##R1', '##R2', etc,  etc

You can assign postcodes to '##P1' etc

Your card number to '##C'

This way when you get through, you can input all the information within 10 seconds instead of copying and pasting or making mistakes by copying each digit. Saves a hell of a lot of time and might be the difference between getting them or not in the last minutes.

by using this in the main sale I managed to bag our group of friends 18 tickets. I somehow got through 3 times in one sitting. Probably wouldn't have got past 6 if I didn't have all their details stored in the program

Good luck

Edited by Michaelgball

35 minutes ago, Michaelgball said:

By far the biggest life-saver I've had over the years - a program called ShortKeys Lite.

A free program that allows you to assign lines of text to a couple of key strokes.

For example, if youre getting 4 tickets, you can assign each reg number to the shortcut '##R1', '##R2', etc,  etc

You can assign postcodes to '##P1' etc

Your card number to '##C'

This way when you get through, you can input all the information within 10 seconds instead of copying and pasting or making mistakes by copying each digit. Saves a hell of a lot of time and might be the difference between getting them or not in the last minutes.

by using this in the main sale I managed to bag our group of friends 18 tickets. I somehow got through 3 times in one sitting. Probably wouldn't have got past 6 if I didn't have all their details stored in the program

Good luck

You've just blown my mind. I need a few minutes to process this.

Genius.

1 minute ago, zico martin said:

but surely its the not getting through which prevents you getting tickets, when you're asked to input your details you have your place in the queue dont you?

Otherwise I'me getting this program ready for Sunday morning!

If, for instance, you're trying to get coach tickets from a specific place, shaving a few seconds can really make the difference. To be honest, being as quick and accurate as possible is always a good thing when it comes to getting tickets!