Technical tips for resale

nathy137

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might be completely irrelevant but here's my 2 cents..

I find remembering each page as you progress helps, let's take tonight as an example - first is click on what tickets you want (Wednesday coach, Thursday coach), then what location / time slot, then registration numbers, then card details and boom - "Booking Complete". I'm 6 for 6 on getting tickets at all stages (main sale, resale and even secret resale)

I am in no way overly technical with computers and have no idea what speed internet or any of that jazz we're using. Although reading some of the comments on this thread and some do make complete sense and probably have somewhat of an advantage but again, pot luck!

Good luck and Sunday tonight folks

3 minutes ago, pentura said:

I find remembering each page as you progress helps, let's take tonight as an example - first is click on what tickets you want (Wednesday coach, Thursday coach), then what location / time slot, then registration numbers, then card details and boom - "Booking Complete". I'm 6 for 6 on getting tickets at all stages (main sale, resale and even secret resale)

I am in no way overly technical with computers and have no idea what speed internet or any of that jazz we're using. Although reading some of the comments on this thread and some do make complete sense and probably have somewhat of an advantage but again, pot luck!

That's actually really helpful thanks.

3 minutes ago, pentura said:

3 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

No worries cammie!

I find it helps me, my father tries with me but he tends to read the information on each page whereas I just go straight to inputting the information and progress onto the next page. It might only save a few seconds (precious seconds nonetheless!) but it saves scrambling around for card details and registration numbers when you know exactly what's on the next page

G'luck if you're trying for tonight / Sunday!

3 hours ago, GoonerRob said:

I've got through for my group the last 2 years, the way I do it is by having multiple sandboxed sessions. 

In non geek speak, this means multiple browsers / tabs in browsers that are independent of each other, so they cant share data between tabs. To do this, I usually have Firefox / Safari and chrome running, all with auto refreshing plugins ( Chrome, Firefox, Safari for mac) . I also open up one "incognito" window in each browser - which should all be sandboxed. 

The reason i do this are: 

You make a request to the load balancer - it pushes you to one of two servers. If there is a free session available to book, it allows you to get to the booking page, else it throws you back out and you need to make a new request (F5).

By having multiple sessions all auto refreshing, you are hitting the load balancer more often, with more sandboxed sessions and therefore increasing your chances. 

That's my 0.2¢ anyway - hope it helps someone out. 

P.S. I'm a web developer... 

I'm not a web developer but a social worker and therefore have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. However, as a social worker, should you have children, I would be concerned about the negative impact that the frankly intimidating enormity of your intellect would have  on their emotional wellbeing. But also, I do have the ability to hit f5 lots of times, due to much typing and little actual social work being done. So all good.

I got coach resale tickets once and for some reason am convinced I got them because I chose a really anti social 6am coach back on the Monday that nobody else would want. I went back by train but got the tickets though! could be chance but would assume most popular tickets are the return journeys at 10 onwards.

2 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I have the auto update thing for Chrome. If it gets to the right page and keeps refreshing I assume it wont, in a way, refresh me back to the beginning will it?

I was just going to ask the same thing!  Please someone tell us!

I pressed 'buy tickets' and it took me to an error page, Pressed buy tickets again (several times) and it kept coming up 'your payment has already been processed' until the page timed out.

I am left a total confused mess.

Edited by JonSnow

32 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

I pressed 'buy tickets' and it took me to an error page, Pressed buy tickets again (several times) and it kept coming up 'your payment has already been processed' until the page timed out.

I am left a total confused mess.

Sounds like the sale has gone through - I'm sure I remember similar tales in the past. Contact Seetickets and ask.

It's pure luck, I got through on an iPhone 6 on 3's 4g network in a M & S car park on my way home from work, no secret back door links or fancy tech stuff! My mate and his wife also got a result from Perth in WA so no geographical advantage either!

2 hours ago, serendipitous said:

Massive thanks to whoever suggested Taunton, Looks like I got one of the last ones as it went to sold out about two minutes later.

Now to find a nice B&B for Tuesday night.

I stayed at Blorenge House last year, very palatable

On 4/14/2016 at 5:16 PM, Mich1268 said:

I'm not a web developer but a social worker and therefore have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. However, as a social worker, should you have children, I would be concerned about the negative impact that the frankly intimidating enormity of your intellect would have  on their emotional wellbeing. But also, I do have the ability to hit f5 lots of times, due to much typing and little actual social work being done. So all good.

Ha, I'm not that smart, i just spent too much time on computers as a child.... on the flip side it's a cool job... if anyone needs a website, you know where to find me :) 

So when I got through Thursday am I right in thinking all I put in was my reg numbers and then bank details.

i don't recall having to put in email address or billing address for card etc.

i didn't get the tickets but want to be best prepared for Sunday and to give the people helping us out the right details.

so I it just reg numbers plus bank card?

On 14/04/2016 at 11:24 AM, Michaelgball said:

By far the biggest life-saver I've had over the years - a program called ShortKeys Lite.

A free program that allows you to assign lines of text to a couple of key strokes.

For example, if youre getting 4 tickets, you can assign each reg number to the shortcut '##R1', '##R2', etc,  etc

You can assign postcodes to '##P1' etc

Your card number to '##C'

This way when you get through, you can input all the information within 10 seconds instead of copying and pasting or making mistakes by copying each digit. Saves a hell of a lot of time and might be the difference between getting them or not in the last minutes.

by using this in the main sale I managed to bag our group of friends 18 tickets. I somehow got through 3 times in one sitting. Probably wouldn't have got past 6 if I didn't have all their details stored in the program

Good luck

Big thanks @Michaelgball. Used this on Sunday. Massively reduced the amount of stress not having to worry about inputting reg and debit card numbers.