Age range & truth on rumors

JJs

Hey, me and a group of friends are coming to Creamfields in 2016, we have never been before but decided to come because on the amazing line up! We have a few questions and any replies would be really helpful to put our minds a rest. Firstly what is the age range there? We are all 18 so will we still fit in or be seen as the annoying minors? Also what is roughly the girl/boy ratio? Secondly mainly on Facebook and twitter etc there are some bad rumours about CF, regarding there being lots of crime there, peoples tents betting set on fire, people steeling from tents that sort of thing. We have standard camping tickets (not sure what the difference is) Obviously at any festival there will be people out for all the wrong reasons, but does anyone know if there seems to be more at CF?

Any other general advise, tips or stories from your previous experiences will be much appreciated, Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey and welcome!

This will be my 4th Creamfields this year, and honestly I haven't seen any tents set on fire....

Regarding the age, you'll be absolutely fine, I went when I was 18 and understandably because of the age limit there are loads of other 18 years olds there! I would say the girl/boy ratio is pretty equal.. in terms of day tickets though, I would say more girls.

Also have standard camping tickets for this year! I find they're the best ones personally!

In terms of experiences, went in 2012 where they had to call the festival off because of the mud, but since then weather has been beaut! I once saw two guys camping next to us get rugby tackled by undercover cops because they were bragging about pills, but that was it. There is a lot of drugs at this festival, in all forms, so I would stay away and just get drunk instead, I saw 2 girls last year having to have adrenaline injections because they were completely unconscious, scary stuff.

• 2 months later...

I've seen the usual mob of Scallies out on the rob nipping in & out tents over the years, getting chased by security etc.

Have never seen or heard of tents being set a light though.

It's a music festival, don't take anything you don't want to lose or invest in a locker for essentials.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep,your valuables on your person at all times, a bumbag will hold phone money etc, if you behave people will be fine, I'm 32 and our group age range is 19-40 and there's loads of us, I've been 7 years running and seen no tents on fire, I have had my tent raided twice but had all my valuables on me :-) 

• 1 month later...