coach times

shoptildrop

On 13 April 2016 at 3:30 PM, Hotchilidog said:

Just pick the town. SeeCoaches will allocate the coach. Well that's how it worked for Brighton anyway.

Do you know your coach time for Brighton? Bought mine in the first sale and still don't know what time my coach is, but my friend who got a Bath resale coach ticket yesterday got a time with her confirmation email.

I get the feeling I already know the answer to this question. However, my friend booked the tickets and it looks like the return coach is at 4am on Monday!

I'm not allllll that keen on that time i have to say.

So is it safe to assume I have no choice but to get that coach?

On 15/04/2016 at 11:04 PM, stardustjunkie said:

Do you know your coach time for Brighton? Bought mine in the first sale and still don't know what time my coach is, but my friend who got a Bath resale coach ticket yesterday got a time with her confirmation email.

I don't the timeof my coach yet, but See said that the coaches were 7.45 am or 11.45am. Earlier than last year as I got an afternoon one. Hoping I'll find out soon now that all the resales are done.

3 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

I don't the timeof my coach yet, but See said that the coaches were 7.45 am or 11.45am. Earlier than last year as I got an afternoon one. Hoping I'll find out soon now that all the resales are done.

Thank you. I'm not sure which time I would prefer! 7.45am means staying in a hotel, but 11.45am means the latest arrival I've ever had!

17 hours ago, stardustjunkie said:

Thank you. I'm not sure which time I would prefer! 7.45am means staying in a hotel, but 11.45am means the latest arrival I've ever had!

I arrived at 7.30pm last year on the 3 o'clock coach which I didn't think was too bad as there was still plenty of room to set up. I'm hoping for the 7,45 and an early afternoon arrival. Am in Worthy View so need to obsess about the camping spot thank goodness. Even the 11.45 should mean a 4-5pm arrival which would still be fine.

I'm not worried about getting a good camping spot as we always camp in Bushy Ground so it's fairly empty till Thursday anyway :)

I tweeted Seetickets to ask and they said they aren't able to tell me and don't have a timescale yet. Think they should get a move on as people need to make travel arrangements, book hotels/transport etc. Now that all tickets are sold hopefully they will get a wiggle on. 

On 18 April 2016 at 10:49 AM, stardustjunkie said:

I'm not worried about getting a good camping spot as we always camp in Bushy Ground so it's fairly empty till Thursday anyway :)

I tweeted Seetickets to ask and they said they aren't able to tell me and don't have a timescale yet. Think they should get a move on as people need to make travel arrangements, book hotels/transport etc. Now that all tickets are sold hopefully they will get a wiggle on. 

I've emailed them, haven't heard back yet, some people said they told them times on the email form, so they must have an idea.. I'll let you know my findings :-)

It greatly depends what route the driver takes, and once you factor in the stop at the service station I think it's usually about 4 1/2 hours (from memory - I've done it twice).

Unfortunately my coach journey back last year was hellish and I ended up getting a refund because not only did the air con rain on us the whole journey but he drove through central London in that awful heat with no working air con, and it took about 7 hours.

44 minutes ago, stardustjunkie said:

It greatly depends what route the driver takes, and once you factor in the stop at the service station I think it's usually about 4 1/2 hours (from memory - I've done it twice).

Unfortunately my coach journey back last year was hellish and I ended up getting a refund because not only did the air con rain on us the whole journey but he drove through central London in that awful heat with no working air con, and it took about 7 hours.

Good grief that sounds painful. I moaned coz our coach driver played shite radio stations all the way, but at least the clown didn't take 7 hours with no aircon. Good to hear you got a refund.

i still haven't heard back off see! Although did notice the email address is of the lead Booker, so I'll ask me buddy to check his mail.

5 minutes ago, Perks said:

Good grief that sounds painful. I moaned coz our coach driver played shite radio stations all the way, but at least the clown didn't take 7 hours with no aircon. Good to hear you got a refund.

i still haven't heard back off see! Although did notice the email address is of the lead Booker, so I'll ask me buddy to check his mail.

It really was awful. I don't mind a bit of heat because I'm usually cold but every single person on the bus was stuck to their seats, dripping with sweat. It was not good after five days without a shower!

It was nicely topped off by the two hour train I needed to catch home being cancelled due to a fault on the line, which meant I had to get on the rush hour train with a lot of commuters looking at me like I'd.. well.. not showered for 5 days! I think I got home about 8pm, having left the festival site around 9.30am that morning.