The Avalanches

defrio29

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

just been announced for Wild Life on 11 June. same weekend as Field Day so doesn't really bode well for Glastonbury, but fuck do i hope they stick around (although there's the theory that they weren't claimed as an exclusive for Field Day because of Glastonbury out the window)

I think that's such a strange booking for Wildlife, I can't see that going down well 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 18 May 2016 at 3:55 PM, bennyhana22 said:

No public transport at all? You can't even drive there and park?

That's strict.

Ben

It's terribly organised, we had to walk all the way back to Manchester city centre and couldn't take a taxi because they charged £50 to drive to where we live because of the high demand. It was very cold on top of that.

On 5/18/2016 at 2:57 PM, Mardy said:

If anyone is in East Kent, you get a chance to see them do their first gig back in front of 125 people. Gutted i'm not back in the country for it.

What’s this about East Kent..? Can’t find anything anywhere, and doing NOS Primavera, meaning I’m missing every other show that’s been announced thus far..!

24 minutes ago, stereodista said:

What’s this about East Kent..? Can’t find anything anywhere, and doing NOS Primavera, meaning I’m missing every other show that’s been announced thus far..!

Secret warm up gig at a tiny venue. 125 capacity. Going to be immense.

On 25/04/2016 at 6:16 PM, FloorFiller said:

Wildlife and Parklife get such great bookings - it's a shame that they're such walk festivals that attract such dickheads

Have you actually been to either of them or are you going off word of mouth? Never had any issues at Parklife. Brilliant line-ups and 99% of the people are there for a good time. You always get a few idiots at any city festival. 

4 minutes ago, MikeJ86 said:

Have you actually been to either of them or are you going off word of mouth? Never had any issues at Parklife. Brilliant line-ups and 99% of the people are there for a good time. You always get a few idiots at any city festival. 

To be fair the last time I went was 2011 but the atmosphere just wasn't what I was used to or want at a festival. The death a couple of years ago obviously soured me on the idea of returning 

59 minutes ago, MikeJ86 said:

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

To be fair the last time I went was 2011 but the atmosphere just wasn't what I was used to or want at a festival. The death a couple of years ago obviously soured me on the idea of returning 

I went last year and whilst it's no Glastonbury, the sunny day meant there wasn't remotely a stabby atmosphere.  Being no camping meant it was a bit too poseurish for my liking, but was a decent day out, with a cracking lineup for the price.  Seemed like a good atmosphere to me, although I believe 2014 was significantly worse.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I get the same feeling around most inner city festivals (sw4, lovebox, parklife). There are a lot of people there that just treat it like a night club so they aren't as friendly as camping festivals. I think its due to a lot of people arriving mid afternoon already hammered. I think the death has put quite a lot of people off. I've always enjoyed it though. 

Edited by MikeJ86

This has got to happen. It simply must. Since i heard if their comeback ive taken Since I Left You for numerous spins. Its only gotten better with time.

Get them on west holts. Close with Frontier Physciatrist and watch the field descend quickly in to complete anarchy.

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

This has got to happen. It simply must. Since i heard if their comeback ive taken Since I Left You for numerous spins. Its only gotten better with time.

Get them on west holts. Close with Frontier Physciatrist and watch the field descend quickly in to complete anarchy.

Subbing WH or something similar would be absolutely ace (as long as they didn't clash with somebody). I don't think it's gonna happen unfortunately due to all their UK dates being early June, but we can hope!

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I went last year and whilst it's no Glastonbury, the sunny day meant there wasn't remotely a stabby atmosphere.  Being no camping meant it was a bit too poseurish for my liking, but was a decent day out, with a cracking lineup for the price.  Seemed like a good atmosphere to me, although I believe 2014 was significantly worse.

2014 wasn't great. There were a lot of large groups of very drunk, quite young people acting like it was the first time they'd been allowed out. I had a really fun weekend but I wouldn't go back again. One of the most poorly organised festivals I've been to.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Subbing WH or something similar would be absolutely ace (as long as they didn't clash with somebody). I don't think it's gonna happen unfortunately due to all their UK dates being early June, but we can hope!

Also quite concerned that it's not gonna happen and I'm gonna have to go to Field Day instead (would really rather not - sounds is crap at main stages). Keep everything crossed!

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The lack of gigs anywhere else between Field Day and Splendour is leaving me that shred of hope. Subbing WH would be peeeerfeek. Although if Radiohead sub Adele, and Lanches sub James Blake.... i dont even want to think about that frankly.