Bars

marathonsteve

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

eerrgghh really K was disgusting!!

I tell you what I've seen doing a revival - Hooch!! even selling it at gig venues in Manchester god know why lol

I'm partial to a hooch on a hot day. Couldn't manage more than 1-2 though. The big 70cl screw cap bottles are handy for homebrews also

11 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I've never found it in cans round here, but saw them scattered about at glasto last year, I might order some cans on Amazon, it's fine warm too 

Sell them at Sainsbury's near me

buy at tesco online too

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=290051680

Edited by shoptildrop

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

I tell you what I've seen doing a revival - Hooch!! even selling it at gig venues in Manchester god know why lol

As I don't drink Cider and I doubt if I would have spotted any adverts have no clue how it became trendy all I know was one year had never heard of K  and all of a sudden the Guest Bar was selling thousands.

At that time the Guest Bar would use a special Display fridge - they have a glass door at the front and the rear so we load from the back - and it was amazing seeing we just could not fill that fridge fast enough.

I do know they came in different coloured bottles so one second Black would be the in thing and then the blue would be the in thing.

At that time we did a lot of events in May at Finsbury Park and it was there I first noticed how quickly we were selling them.

Must have been a dead smart advertising campaign to generate such demand.

sure over the years there has been other very trendy drinks but K beats them all.

never did find out how the WBC knew it was about to take off.

it was a neat looking bottle but I just cant stand Cider so have not got a clue what it tasted like.

Saw some music type students drinking Hooch in Chichester Spoons the other week. Coming back into trend with dirty hipsters

Edit: Fish & Tits was great, not seen it since 2011 though. Apple Smuggerlz(?) had a secret backstage area I vaguely remember

Edited by Couchy

18 hours ago, rubenz said:

Does anyone remember the Fish and Tits bar? They had half naked blue mermaids and a door which led to a secluded area complete with little shelves and mirrors 

i remember it well.  they had a jazz trio playing in there one time i was in.

*sounds the alleyways klaxon* 

17 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

It's cheap (£2 a 500ml bottle in spoons), as strong as some pints (it's 4.5% isn't it?) and it tastes like a melted lemonade flavour lolly ice. It's alcohol for student's that don't like alcohol but want to be drunk

Similarly with K, it's 8% cider and as cheap if not cheaper than strongbow, tastes like shit but is great for the student's weighing up the alcohol content to price ratio

2 of my friends get 4 cans of K and 2 bottles of wine for a fiver between them for predrinks almost every time as they've pretty much no money whatsoever to spend on drinks on a night out

5 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Wonder if they may use the contactless card readers this year, seems to speed things up in the boozers nowadays. 

Think it has to be under 20 quid though so four tuborgs could put you close to the limit 

its now £30 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34110348

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

Wonder if they may use the contactless card readers this year, seems to speed things up in the boozers nowadays. 

Think it has to be under 20 quid though so four tuborgs could put you close to the limit 

I went to the Prodigy gig at the GMC in Manchester last year and the bars were all doing contactless, made going to the bar a piece of piss, really hope they're doing it at Glastonbury.

4 hours ago, Couchy said:

Saw some music type students drinking Hooch in Chichester Spoons the other week. Coming back into trend with dirty hipsters

Edit: Fish & Tits was great, not seen it since 2011 though. Apple Smuggerlz(?) had a secret backstage area I vaguely remember

I really liked apple smuggerlz bar and yes it had a garden out back...couldn't find it last year :(

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I went to the Prodigy gig at the GMC in Manchester last year and the bars were all doing contactless, made going to the bar a piece of piss, really hope they're doing it at Glastonbury.

But that's not in a field is it?

I'm sure some places will do it, but surely that means they're dependent on mobile networks, which in this location have a limited capacity and availability.  I may be talking nonsense though.

31 minutes ago, clarkete said:

But that's not in a field is it?

I'm sure some places will do it, but surely that means they're dependent on mobile networks, which in this location have a limited capacity and availability.  I may be talking nonsense though.

Your Not talking nonsense - processing cards can be a right pain in the arse even in Central London - I would say the last time the WBC were at Hyde Park only about 55% went though - Each bar at Glastonbury will be tested hence why some will take them and some will not.

what should be a simple process can take ages when your in a field with thousands of people all using their mobiles.

cash is still king and it will speed up your Purchase at the bar.

1 hour ago, rubenz said:
2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

its now £30 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-3411034

Will it be available in the main bars do you know? Do the bar staff find it quicker or is cash still the preferred option? 

see my reply above - I certainly would always use cash  - perhaps sometime in the future there will be a 100% bullet proof method ' that works 100% of the time '

On 13 April 2016 at 11:17 AM, EamerRed said:

Anybody had a try of Thatchers Haze? That stuff has overtaken Thatchers Gold for me, amazing stuff.

Apparently Haze is going to be available alongside Gold at the normal bars this year: http://m.cheddarvalleygazette.co.uk/Glastonbury-Festival-signs-year-deal-Thatcher-s/story-29111612-detail/story.html

On 4/14/2016 at 10:52 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Apparently Haze is going to be available alongside Gold at the normal bars this year: http://m.cheddarvalleygazette.co.uk/Glastonbury-Festival-signs-year-deal-Thatcher-s/story-29111612-detail/story.html

Yep - full details confirmed here: https://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/news/thatchers-glastonbury-festivals-official-cider-another-five-years/

On 13 April 2016 at 8:23 PM, rubenz said:

Does anyone remember the Fish and Tits bar? They had half naked blue mermaids and a door which led to a secluded area complete with little shelves and mirrors 

Brings back some memories that does.  My mate told me to meet him in there and I was wondering why "fish and tits" until I saw a topless mermaid being lifted onto a plinth.  That went down well with the lads in there