Bars

marathonsteve

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

I tried a few Belgian beer couple of weeks ago . Think I'll give them a miss..I'd quite like to remember my first Glastonbury!!!

You just have to show restraint same as at the brother bar lol least you feel you are getting your moneys worth IMO

2 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Anybody had a try of Thatchers Haze? That stuff has overtaken Thatchers Gold for me, amazing stuff.

Definitely give it a go considering I'll likely be surviving on canned Strongbow for the weekend.

Cider is definitely the most enjoyable tent-warmed alcohol in a can.

25 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

You just have to show restraint same as at the brother bar lol least you feel you are getting your moneys worth IMO

So many bars. Such little time!!!

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Il agree that cider isn't that bad warm, but strongbow? Really? 

It's not out of choice, believe me.

The Glasto ticket takes up the majority of my festival funds. Beyond that, it's the only cheap cider avaiable in large quantities to me.

Just now, fat_man_joe said:

It's not out of choice, believe me.

The Glasto ticket takes up the majority of my festival funds. Beyond that, it's the only cheap cider avaiable in large quantities to me.

Brew ur own mate, can make a 40 pint kit for £15 if you happen to have a big enough bucket. Far nicer than the commercial canned shite, it goes neatly in tapped water containers / wine bag in box sort of things too 

41 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I remember seeing a few stalls, (I can't say bars because I only bought a drink at 1 bar) that we're accepting cards. It's not that difficult to process payments with a phone or tablet these days so you will find somewhere taking them I'm sure 

They're obviously dependent on connectivity to the outside world, so I think it's good to have a card as back up, as long as it's not your main plan in case they have issues with card payments. 

6 hours ago, bellboy said:

One of our group cannot bring himself to say the "Th**cher" word so usually asks for a pint of "milksnatcher" or a pint of "witch"!  Gets some funny looks from the bar staff!!

which reminds me of this - Years ago there was a Huge demand for K { its a Cider 8.4% ABV } at first it was only on sale within the Guest Bar - we just could not unpack the bottles fast enough - it even sold faster than Brothers a year or two later - I don't drink cider all I know is ' all of a sudden it was the most requested drink in the  Guest Bar - anyway one year we ran out { we still had stock but it could not be transported at that time } and the next two customer who asked I said they would have to wait until the morning but we had ' Draft Cider ' - this female looked at me as if I was daft and said ' but we don't like Cider ' - I explained K was Cider - she did not believe me until I showed her a empty bottle - they were stunned.

I have no clue what they thought they were drinking all I know is they were well upset that K was Cider.

it was in fashion for so long and then all of a sudden ' there was no demand ' - Brothers was in big demand.

I wonder what will next be in fashion.

On 4/12/2016 at 11:10 AM, Greenelk said:

The cocktail bar between the Circus and Theatre fields also played some "very good" music last year.  When Guilty Pleasures had to close early, we ended up down there singing and dancing to 70s disco amongst other things. 

sounds like a good place to look for

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

which reminds me of this - Years ago there was a Huge demand for K { its a Cider 8.4% ABV } at first it was only on sale within the Guest Bar - we just could not unpack the bottles fast enough - it even sold faster than Brothers a year or two later - I don't drink cider all I know is ' all of a sudden it was the most requested drink in the  Guest Bar - anyway one year we ran out { we still had stock but it could not be transported at that time } and the next two customer who asked I said they would have to wait until the morning but we had ' Draft Cider ' - this female looked at me as if I was daft and said ' but we don't like Cider ' - I explained K was Cider - she did not believe me until I showed her a empty bottle - they were stunned.

I have no clue what they thought they were drinking all I know is they were well upset that K was Cider.

it was in fashion for so long and then all of a sudden ' there was no demand ' - Brothers was in big demand.

I wonder what will next be in fashion.

eerrgghh really K was disgusting!!

I tell you what I've seen doing a revival - Hooch!! even selling it at gig venues in Manchester god know why lol