Using someone elses ticket from the CV fields

tvrobbie

Has anyone ever used someone elses ticket from the CV fields? I failed to get my mum a ticket last year, but managed to get my aunt one. Mum has never been and has always wanted to, but now my aunt can't go, we were considering trying to get her in on my aunts ticket. They look fairly similar and mum can remember all the vital info, but I know they check tickets every time to enter from the CV fields, so don't want to drive her all the way down to fail at the first hurdle. They're both in their 60's so i'd hope stewards wouldn't be too harsh, but have no experience of trying it on.

Thanks

You get checked every time you enter the festival from the campervan fields. 

The stewards have to apply the rules fairly because their job is on the line if they let someone in wrongly - they cannot and will not be 'extra nice' to someone because they're a bit older. The resale is this week - can you not get a refund on the aunt's ticket and try in the resale for your mum?

That said, it depends how similar your mum and aunt look. For example, my mum is the spitting image of her older sister - you'd have to count the wrinkles to tell them apart. 

Remember on checks, you get checked every time you go into the site from the CV Fields.  It's not like the just one admission moment that you have with camping but every day of the festival.

You also have to hang on to your ticket for the festival duration to present it at each check.

• 1 month later...