Next Announcement thread

Matt42

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

BBC Introducing lineup came out late last night, no one else seems to have noticed.

No Spring King, find it really odd that they haven't been booked. Possibly William's Green?

I noticed, but only as it was on Clashfinder and now is not.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Some interesting looking acts there - will have to check out a few.

Yes I'm liking the sound of Oh Boy!. Wish they'd put the times of the BBC Introducing back on the line-up page, now that it's all out in the open an' all. Weird that it's even disappeared from the Clashfinder - things are going in the wrong direction!

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

BBC Introducing lineup came out late last night, no one else seems to have noticed.

No Spring King, find it really odd that they haven't been booked. Possibly William's Green?

I heard the story of what happened with Spring King and Glastonbury the other day but I've forgotten it. I'm pretty sure the crux of it was that they were going to be playing but now they aren't.

I'm puzzled why they made an "announcement" when it was already on the line-up?  

Anyway, I'm bloody impatient to hear the Bimble Inn lineup - I will almost certainly not know any of them and want to have a listen as I really enjoyed myself there last time after discovering a couple of bands via the Spotify list.  

BBC Introducing was included on the full lineup release but was soon removed. It has changed because I remember a few people questioning Tom Robinson being on there. 

Anyway, I've added it to the list of unofficial announcements on TheThingy.

#AHTT

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

On 31 May 2016 at 2:43 PM, Beaver89 said:

Edit to remove other things on the screenshot :S

image.jpeg

On 31 May 2016 at 4:04 PM, fightoffyour said:

Spring King?

Are Sonny & Cher playing it or wut

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 8:51 AM, big__phil said:

Go on then, I'll take you up on that. How does a fiver to WaterAid sound? Fiver from me if it is Radiohead, fiver from you if it isn't.

On 5/27/2016 at 9:18 AM, eFestivals said:

cool - yep, you're on. :)

If I'm taking a bet on it, I'm feeling pretty confident I'm on the winning side.

@eFestivals I'll just leave this here... :P

Out of interest, how close were you to being right?

13 minutes ago, big__phil said:

@eFestivals I'll just leave this here... :P

Out of interest, how close were you to being right?

:lol: - you got me! I'll remember to throw WaterAid an extra fiver when I pay them for something else i the next few days.

I've no idea how close to right it might have been. There still doesn't appear to be a slot where they might have played, cos while we know Tame impala were booked quite late, it appears to be the case that D'Angelo was the act they replaced.

I can only guess it was either right at one time, or there was a misunderstanding about what was said and it actually refers to next year.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

:lol: - you got me! I'll remember to throw WaterAid an extra fiver when I pay them for something else i the next few days.

I've no idea how close to right it might have been. There still doesn't appear to be a slot where they might have played, cos while we know Tame impala were booked quite late, it appears to be the case that D'Angelo was the act they replaced.

I can only guess it was either right at one time, or there was a misunderstanding about what was said and it actually refers to next year.

Good man!

I did hear that they (or at least some of them) were spotted though - did you hear anything like that? I always thought a Thom solo set would have been more likely, but even then would have been unlikely.

You're right though, even if they did turn up, there wouldn't have been any slot they could have gone in anyway. I think they're nailed on for a headliner slot next year though.

8 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

D'Angelo subbing Pyramid?? Bonkers surely. 

It does seem mental. Perhaps he was supposed to headline WH or something and there was a reshuffling of acts when he pulled out (eg. Tame Impala brought in, Disclosure moved to Fri Other, Sigur Rós to Fri JP, Underworld to Fri WH). Probably not the case but I couldn't see D'Angelo subbing.

Or maybe Goulding was subbing and D'Angelo was third down or something. Anything could have gone on really.

Edited by Will-2609

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Or maybe Goulding was subbing and D'Angelo was third down or something. Anything could have gone on really.

ohh yeah that would make more sense perhaps. Maybe Beck was under Adele, Goulding under Coldplay and D'Angelo  somewhere 3rd.

Although his poster placing would indicate otherwise... 

On 05/07/2016 at 4:31 PM, Will-2609 said:

It does seem mental. Perhaps he was supposed to headline WH or something and there was a reshuffling of acts when he pulled out (eg. Tame Impala brought in, Disclosure moved to Fri Other, Sigur Rós to Fri JP, Underworld to Fri WH). Probably not the case but I couldn't see D'Angelo subbing.

Nothing within my own knowledge is suggesting any big swap around. Just about everything seems to stand up as being how it always was.

If he was supposed to be subbing Adele then maybe it's for the best that it didn't end up happening, because he undoubtedly would've suffered a worse fate than Beck. But considering there's been a couple of people hearing that a WH headliner pulled out I can't see him anywhere but there. Couldn't say what was reshuffled afterwards but it just makes a million times more sense

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If he was supposed to be subbing Adele then maybe it's for the best that it didn't end up happening, because he undoubtedly would've suffered a worse fate than Beck. But considering there's been a couple of people hearing that a WH headliner pulled out I can't see him anywhere but there. Couldn't say what was reshuffled afterwards but it just makes a million times more sense

James Blake was originally on the park, followed by the bowie tribute is my guess 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

James Blake was originally on the park, followed by the bowie tribute is my guess 

He already headlined the Park two years back so surely wouldn't have been that

Considering Kevin Parker himself said that Tame Impala were booked really late on maybe D'Angelo was the original sub as the poster suggests, but Christ, as much as I'd have loved it it would've been a bad decision on behalf of the bookers, and he would've died up there