Next Announcement thread

Matt42

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Beck's positioning is amazing. I love me some Beck, but I'm shocked he's about Ellie G.

Only problem is it could turn out like Nick Cave in 2013 when he was on before Mumford, full of people talking over the set waiting on Coldplay. Not that it will hurt the performance though. Can't wait.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Beck > Mac DeMarco > LCD seems a pretty perfect way to end the festival

christ i wish that was doable but considering Mac starts when Beck ends and then finishes fifteen minutes before LCD starts... seems like a lot of running around and missing a heap of somebody's set

2 minutes ago, Ollie7490 said:

Anyone know what happened to D'Angelo? He was definitely on there at one point.

I think one of the suggestions was that he was a WH headliner but pulled out. 

Although why he was so prominent on that poster is a mystery.

Maybe he was actually down to sub Adele originally, but he pulled out and was replaced by Tame Impala?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

christ i wish that was doable but considering Mac starts when Beck ends and then finishes fifteen minutes before LCD starts... seems like a lot of running around and missing a heap of somebody's set

It's just Pyramid / JP / Other...all within the vicinity of each other, so should be doable if you stand on the right hand side of Pyramid for Beck, left hand side of JP for Mac and then leave as he's finishing to get to Other for LCD.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I think one of the suggestions was that he was a WH headliner but pulled out. 

Although why he was so prominent on that poster is a mystery.

Maybe he was actually down to sub Adele originally, but he pulled out and was replaced by Tame Impala?

Bummer.

Just now, rpfranks said:

It's just Pyramid / JP / Other...all within the vicinity of each other, so should be doable if you stand on the right hand side of Pyramid for Beck, left hand side of JP for Mac and then leave as he's finishing to get to Other for LCD.

yeah i guess you could get away with missing 15/20 minutes of Mac's set. i'll probably give it a shot

Just now, FloorFiller said:

yeah i guess you could get away with missing 15/20 minutes of Mac's set. i'll probably give it a shot

Probably wouldn't even need to do that mate, just leave 5 minutes before the end and you've got 20 minutes until LCD start.

JP to other is a 10 minute walk

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

loads of the act positionings are way off from what we expected. BMTH third on the Friday is the one that keeps catching my eye, although thank christ that's the outcome

Bat for lashes is another one several of us got wrong

Time to sit down with the Clashfinder now. Lots of unknowns for me to check out.

Very happy with White Denim.

Other Stage looks really turgid. Even moreso than normal.

Not really feeling any of the headliner options on Friday or Saturday.

Bat for Lashes is so low.

Finishing on LCD Soundsystem though is going to be top.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

loads of the act positionings are way off from what we expected. BMTH third on the Friday is the one that keeps catching my eye, although thank christ that's the outcome

I did say from the beginning that their positioning and size on the poster clearly indicated they weren't headlining the Other. I know it's never wise to put too much stock into the poster, but that was clearly significant. 

What the hell was the deal with that NME awards night then? And was that quote about them playing at the same time as Coldplay completely made up? Or did something change?

Just now, jparx said:

I did say from the beginning that their positioning and size on the poster clearly indicated they weren't headlining the Other. I know it's never wise to put too much stock into the poster, but that was clearly significant. 

What the hell was the deal with that NME awards night then? And was that quote about them playing at the same time as Coldplay completely made up? Or did something change?

Coldplay's new album art is very similar to BMTH's, which came out first.

Hence the whole Olly Sykes on their table thing