Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

If BBC said tomorrow I'm confident for tomorrow.

The fact the tweet got pulled was a good sign. Someone obviously dropped a bollock by sending that tweet out. If it was a really mundane announcement, they wouldn't have pulled it.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

so if this thing doesn't pop up at 10.30 (or around that time) do we think it'll come later in the day or will we have to wait another 23 harrowing hours?

I've booked a conference room for 1030hrs at work with a PC and smartboard for an hour meeting to which I've invited no-one else.

To be honest, attending meetings at which I'm the only invitee is nothing new...but at least I organised this one.

5 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

So has the theory about a big name being held back for contractual reasons evaporated? As we're now apparently getting the lineup on the 31st rather than the 1st 

it being held back for contractual reasons may not be true - that reason kind of hinted at Kendrick - but something may still well be getting held back, and it wouldn't at all surprise me to see a big Special Guests below Adele's name similar to how The Libertines were listed last year

Just now, FloorFiller said:

apparently headlining the John Peel on the Saturday according to somebody on here. busy on the Friday i believe

Ahh damn it. Floating Points would be just as good in the sub spot. If Todd Terje can do it then Floating Points definitely can.

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hoping FloPo is not the Saturday sub, to avoid the Radiohead clash, or worse, the Kendrick clash. I'd see FloPo over Radiohead, but never over Kendrick.

yeah hoping he's a little lower on the Saturday so that i get the chance to see him, although i can easily see him subbing, and think his music would lend itself far better to that kind of slot than earlier in the day

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ah, right. Ah well. The mirror image of a typical 'UK' tour, then.

Heh!

Just stuck Mongol on on DVD to cheer myself up. Good to reconnect with the gene pool in these EU Referended times.

It doesn't really make sense to me that the tweet would be deleted if the line-up was all ready to go for tomorrow. It's not like it revealed any information ahead of time - it was just a kinda hype people up tweet. 

But I have no idea how things work behind the scenes.... I'll just be massively disappointed if I'm expecting it tomorrow and it doesn't come  

1 minute ago, somecoolusername said:

It doesn't really make sense to me that the tweet would be deleted if the line-up was all ready to go for tomorrow. It's not like it revealed any information ahead of time - it was just a kinda hype people up tweet. 

But I have no idea how things work behind the scenes.... I'll just be massively disappointed if I'm expecting it tomorrow and it doesn't come  

yeah it's a little odd, but they don't usually make any kind of announcement before the lineup is revealed do they? it just sort of comes... and we're only aware of it because of Neil or some kind of leak, not an official announcement. hopefully somebody just got a bit trigger happy

Surely at 3 weeks to go the BBC want to start advertising? Therefore line up tomorrow at 10.30 allows them to do so. It makes sense to me... 

*also hence the BBC tweet that was removed so quickly. 

Edited by TomLove