Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

They could release something that looks a little like this tomorrow 

And then a few other stages over the week.

I don't see why. That poster arrived alongside the full line up and times and that was around the same point we're at now. The stages and times are going to print in the next week or whatever so there's no real reason to hold it back any longer.

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, it's only tiny unthingyable stages and stuff after the big one but stuff does get added on. Lineups also change further down the bill too, but if any of it does change then I'm sure you'll hear about it from the scores of us with page monitors set on it.

I get disproportionate happiness from the fact that thingy® has now become a verb!

:)

Ben

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Either they're doing something strange, the Caberet Twitter bod is confused or it's all coming on Wednesday. 

They're announcing it on their Twitter, so unless the Cabaret Twitter are announcing the full line up then I think we can disregard it.

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I get disproportionate happiness from the fact that thingy® has now become a verb!

:)

Ben

I thought you might like that. :D

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The stages and times are going to print in the next week or whatever so there's no real reason to hold it back any longer.

Does there need to be a reason for anything to do with the lineup release schedule? Or at least, does there need to be a reason that's visible to us?

Every day at work I see things that an outsider would never be able to guess the reason for - and I suspect that applies to almost every workplace. Maybe the person who needs to sign off one particular aspect of something can't be reached, or something or other got overlooked and needs to be correct, or maybe there's something far more inane than we could think of..

1 minute ago, incident said:

Does there need to be a reason for anything to do with the lineup release schedule? Or at least, does there need to be a reason that's visible to us?

Every day at work I see things that an outsider would never be able to guess the reason for - and I suspect that applies to almost every workplace. Maybe the person who needs to sign off one particular aspect of something can't be reached, or something or other got overlooked and needs to be correct, or maybe there's something far more inane than we could think of..

Someone was too busy reading this forum to get their shit in order on time? 

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Someone was too busy reading this forum to get their shit in order on time? 

Yep, certainly possible.

Or better yet, they saw on this forum that the lineup and times were due to be announced at Tues 10:30am, and so decide "well, I'll show them" and hold back the times another week.

42 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

"The Beast" is a colloquial term for The Menu, as is "The Doomsday Book" and "Yer Big Ol' Fucker", it's a bit like the whole barm situation.

Well that's cleared that up. Ahthangyoo. Sometimes I miss Couchy and his Menuphilism.