Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah this is where the party's at - not outside, with people, doing things

Who'd want to be out with a beer in the sunshine when we can all stay inside translating obscure German festival forums to decide whether Young Fathers are playing the Park Stage? :P

4 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Who'd want to be out with a beer in the sunshine when we can all stay inside translating obscure German festival forums to decide whether Young Fathers are playing the Park Stage? :P

the thought of actually going to the festival and being surrounded by and minging with people rather than debating whether Ellie Goulding is big enough or deserving of subbing the Pyramid with them over a forum is giving me anxiety

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

the thought of actually going to the festival and being surrounded by and minging with people rather than debating whether Ellie Goulding is big enough or deserving of subbing the Pyramid with them over a forum is giving me anxiety

i do like a good ming

853982-ming.jpg

Just now, Wanderlei said:

Hope there's lots of lovely surprises on the full line-up. Can't wait to find out!!

Me too. 

I'm one of those people who always tell others that it's not all about the lineup, but for my personal taste the lineup so far isn't brilliant. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about being at the festival and will definitely have an amazing time, but it would be nice to have a couple of acts to get really worked up about.

If I get both Radiohead and Anderson Paak I'll be delighted!

That's the thing about Glastonbury though, it's always been the case that the lineup is often broad and offering something for everyone, but some years it might be a bit thin for some tastes.  When I was younger the lineup for Reading was always more tempting but the atmosphere of Glastonbury more than made up for it.  These days I'm happy to have 2 or 3 acts per day I'd really like to see and just bimble around for interesting things outside of that, which isn't something that a 'stage in an arena field' sort of festival really is able to offer to the same extent and I find myself mostly parked in front of stages for hours at a time at such.

Oh yeah no doubt, I always wonder about seeing random stuff.  But normally that would be anchored around 1 or 2 key acts each day that I absolutely cannot miss.  Those are the ones I'm struggling for this year.

A good game to play when you're stuck for something to watch is pick the best named act on right now and go watch that. That's how we discovered Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs :) 

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Neil and Scottie being conspicuous by their absence / silence is always a good sign pre-full line up drop.

Imagine:

Neil could be sat there now looking at the word 'Radiohead' (officially) in front of him...

Don't think Neil gets any press releases for Glastonbury, he sees things pretty much when we do 

On the back of the first poster and some self confirmations I'm currently sitting at around 24 acts that I'd like to see, fully expect to hit around 30 after tomorrow, of which I'll probably only see around a third of them.

Clashageddon.

2 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

A good game to play when you're stuck for something to watch is pick the best named act on right now and go watch that. That's how we discovered Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs :) 

That's a great idea. I'll see you at Atilla the Stockbroker!

26 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

FIFY.

Sorry to be a killjoy, as I do know it's coming tomorrow but more cos Neil has said in another thread that he's "sure it's coming tomorrow," rather than that he's allowed Scottie to have bank holiday off.

Cheers Scruff.

Though I didn't specifically mean that's what's happening today / right now (Neil's been posting recently in the politics thread) just rather it's what's been mentioned happens in here in recent years pre-full line up drop.

Not sure if Brett is right though. I though Neil got a little notice before us. Yay? Nay? So he and Scottie have the site updated ready for the moment we find out.