Next Announcement thread

Matt42

17 minutes ago, ashtaylor1 said:

Someone on another thread has just spotted that Kendrick has been added to clashfinder (Edit - Apologies I missed this part off).

WHY do me people do this and build up the hopes for people who don't really understand that I could add Rolf Harris on the clashfinder line-up if I wanted, not the Kidz field obviously (Too dark?).

I might go in and change the Friday sub to Beyonce. Saturday to Radiohead and Sunday to Oasis and then just lie back, relax, and watch the internet get 'broken'

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

I might go in and change the Friday sub to Beyonce. Saturday to Radiohead and Sunday to Oasis and then just lie back, relax, and watch the internet get 'broken'

There are too many people who wouldn't be aware that this is editable, and would probably believe the changes. 

Can't wait for Beyonce...

3 minutes ago, ashtaylor1 said:

There are too many people who wouldn't be aware that this is editable, and would probably believe the changes. 

Can't wait for Beyonce...

Exactly.....so we'd be forcing Michael and Emily's hands and then the only way for them to appease the masses (and arguably prevent an English civil war) would be to make it happen...right?

Edited by JonSnow

Not saying they're big enough but Tame Impala for the TBA sub? Kevin being there 2 years on the bounce without playing a full set himself is peculiar, especially seeing as they're touring. Think they'd get lost on the pyramid though, unfortunately

29 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

can you put Rolf on Saturday afternoon?

4 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Not saying they're big enough but Tame Impala for the TBA sub? Kevin being there 2 years on the bounce without playing a full set himself is peculiar, especially seeing as they're touring. Think they'd get lost on the pyramid though, unfortunately

someone who knows these sorts of things has put his reasoning to me for why he thinks it's unlikely to be them. While it's far from anything certain, I reckon he's probably called it right.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

someone who knows these sorts of things has put his reasoning to me for why he thinks it's unlikely to be them. While it's far from anything certain, I reckon he's probably called it right.

I bet you've got binders worth of that kind of information :P The kinda information that would send this forum into a tail spin if we only knew 1/10 of it.

6 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I honestly don't think this is going to leak. May be a proper surprise Wednesday. 

I think there's a twist in the tail yet. If Radiohead are indeed the sub, something could come out over the next few days with their UK shows. I'm sure Neil is hugely determined to get to the bottom of it before the announcement takes place :P

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think there's a twist in the tail yet. If Radiohead are indeed the sub, something could come out over the next few days with their UK shows. I'm sure Neil is hugely determined to get to the bottom of it before the announcement takes place

i had hopes late last week, but I don't have much hope now.

I am just going to throw something into the mix here for possible Adele sub-headliners. Anyone who's read, seen, heard interviews, or watched the fab Karaoke Carpool video with James Corden on YouTube, will know that that she is a huge fan of the Spice Girls. 

(In fact, fairly recently, when there was talk of them reuniting to do another tour, Adele even offered to replace Victoria who was, apparently, reluctant and too busy to do it.)

However, more likely than the Spice Girls would be the equally funtastic Take That who have just brought out a single with a band called Sigma. TT is also gig-ready because they're doing one of the BST days in London in July. And they've never done Glasto before either.

Just a thought to freak some of you out...!

Edited by JanieM28

1 minute ago, JanieM28 said:

I am just going to throw something into the mix here for Pssible Adele sub-headliners. Anyone who's read, seen, heard interviews, or watched the fab Karaoke Carpool video with James Corden on YouTube, will know that that she is a huge fan of the Spice Girls. 

(In fact, fairly recently, when there was talk of them reuniting to do another tour, Adele even offered to replace Victoria who was, apparently, reluctant and too busy to do it.)

However, more likely than the Spice Girls would be the equally funtastic Take That who have just brought out a single with a band called Sigma. TT is also gig-ready because they're doing one of the BST days in London in July. And they've never done Glasto before either.

Just a thought to freak some of you out...!

Spice Girls featuring Adele. Spice Rack

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Nah. We know the Friday and Sunday subs are Foals and Ellie Goulding. The Saturday sub is going to be an act of similar size

Do we actually know that though or is it just being assumed because nothing else makes sense? (Not followed the entire thread so genuine question)

Because when you put together something like this you want a line up that "makes sense" but sometimes if certain acts can only do certain days you go with the line up that's possible.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Is that reasoning why they won't be subbing or are we giving up on the dream of them playing at all?