Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The National are free on Saturday too.. :ph34r:

I can't possibly imagine The National are anywhere near that slot. If people are worried that Adele fans waiting through the sub headline spot won't know many Radiohead songs, god knows what it'd be like if The National played!

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I can't possibly imagine The National are anywhere near that slot. If people are worried that Adele fans waiting through the sub headline spot won't know many Radiohead songs, god knows what it'd be like if The National played!

Kendrick and The National are both headliners of Super Bock Super Rock and Longitude. Both have exclusivity claims (BST and Latitude respectively). Not sure how you can include one in the rumours and not the other..

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Kendrick and The National are both headliners of Super Bock Super Rock and Longitude. Both have exclusivity claims (BST and Latitude respectively). Not sure how you can include one in the rumours and not the other..

Because there's no way The National would be held back as a super secret sub act at Glastonbury - it'd be met with a massive 'huh?'. Honestly, the idea of them subbing outright seems off to me

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Because there's no way The National would be held back as a super secret sub act at Glastonbury - it'd be met with a massive 'huh?'. Honestly, the idea of them subbing outright seems off to me

I didn't actually say anything about where they could play for the record.

I also don't actually expect them to be there. I was just pointing out similarities to Kendrick.

Edited by fightoffyour

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Just now, FloorFiller said:

What FF said. 

Regardless of who is headlining where, Kendrick is a much bigger name than The National. They are a good band, but tbh I think headlining the Other stage would be a bit of a reach for them, let alone subbing Adele.