Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

kendrick lamar or rihanna or beyonce would be total letdowns to anyone expecting it to be someone legendary like radiohead or the roses etc etc itd be just like psshh more poppy bollocks for the masses...really hoping its not any of them, isnt adele and sodding coldplay headlining enough for that kind of generic chart friendly music fan? 

7 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Is Kendrick considered "generic chart music" now? Whereas The Stone Roses are what?  A left field, underground act?

Well the Stone Rose's new single is doing it's best to avoid being generic chart friendly music.....Number 17 last time I looked :lol:

I do love the Rose's fans that come on here. Always come out with some absurd stuff.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

First dance music, then 'rappers', now women...what's the world coming to? We need more northern lads with guitars dammit!

Corrected that for you. Don't want to get confused with those southern lads with guitars like Coldplay and Muse.

Edited by Keithy

11 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

I have been saying for years that Glastonbury needs more white dudes with guitars.

Too bloody right. Thank god for Catfish and the Blossomsmen, saviours of real music, here to give us all a kick up the arse and blow the roof off Worthy Farm

#Glamacqstonbury2016

16 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

I have recently set my alarm clock tone to Rihanna's "Work". Her subtle tones of werkwerkwerkwerkwerk really motivate me in the morning.

As a side note, I am a huge Radiohead fan, but would be absolutely made up to see Kendrick Lamar.

This tickled me greatly

17 minutes ago, ashtaylor1 said:

Has anyone got any legitimate information that Kendrick Lamar may be an addition to the lineup? Or have we spoken about it so much now we are just believing our own bullshit haha. I do hope it's the former.

There's space for a Pyramid sub, circumstances could put him in the frame (along with some other acts). That's about the best we can hope for at the moment.

19 minutes ago, ashtaylor1 said:

Has anyone got any legitimate information that Kendrick Lamar may be an addition to the lineup? Or have we spoken about it so much now we are just believing our own bullshit haha. I do hope it's the former.

We had info on him playing (Blossoms told someone that New Order and Kendrick were Other headliners), but obviously Other headliners seem to be sorted now, so potentially either his position has changed or Blossoms were just wrong about his position and he is playing but before Adele.

There's also a definite reason to hold him back (BST) and Neil thinks the fact the lineup is being held back until the 1st June could point to somebody contractually not being allowed to be announced before then.

46 minutes ago, ashtaylor1 said:

I'm not sure there's even legitimate information that there's a "missing" Pyramid sub. Just people looking at the acts announced and deciding they're not big enough to do that slot, so someone else must be on.

I'd be the reality is the full line up will come out and the sub will just be someone from further down the line-up that people are surprised is playing that high.

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

I'm not sure there's even legitimate information that there's a "missing" Pyramid sub. Just people looking at the acts announced and deciding they're not big enough to do that slot, so someone else must be on.

I'd be the reality is the full line up will come out and the sub will just be someone from further down the line-up that people are surprised is playing that high.

Nah. We know the Friday and Sunday subs are Foals and Ellie Goulding. The Saturday sub is going to be an act of similar size.

Interestingly, those days work out as an older headliner with newer subs. Adele is a similar sort of 'new', so I wonder if that means an older sub?

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

Well the Stone Rose's new single is doing it's best to avoid being generic chart friendly music.....Number 17 last time I looked :lol:

I do love the Rose's fans that come on here. Always come out with some absurd stuff.

99% certain you're more obsessed with hating them in all honesty.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nah. We know the Friday and Sunday subs are Foals and Ellie Goulding. The Saturday sub is going to be an act of similar size.

Interestingly, those days work out as an older headliner with newer subs. Adele is a similar sort of 'new', so I wonder if that means an older sub?

What are you implying? Leanard Cohen 2.0!?!?!

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So that rules out Radiohead? They are much bigger than Foals surely?! Not sure how big Ellie Golding is around the world.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop