Next Announcement thread

Matt42

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, I don't think there's really any marketing benefit for Glastonbury, but I think they've perhaps been suckered by the idea that if others are doing their announcements staggered than Glastonbury needs to be doing it that way too. ... which only gets to prove that marketing gets marketed. :lol:

Then again, perhaps the date of 1st June has relevance, in that one or more acts on the bill have contracts that mean they can't be announced before 1st June because of the possible impact on other shows they need to sell.

Any ideas on who might be anounced at all? :D

I know... I'm getting cheeky now.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Arcadia line up is really good, and nice and varied as well. I'd happily spend some time there every night. Daniel Avery, Hype & Hazard, Andy C, Plump DJ's v Stanton Warriors and Craig Charles should all be great fun.

The mechanical orchestra could be interesting as well. Anyone got any ideas what that's all about?

sounds good - I shall keep eyes and ears peeled for the 1st.

Cue the inevitable 'special guests' before Adele, and us lot all going mad thinking its either Kendrick Lamar or Radiohead and then shitting ourselves and leaving when someone gash like Britney Spears walks on..........

3 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Cue the inevitable 'special guests' before Adele, and us lot all going mad thinking its either Kendrick Lamar or Radiohead and then shitting ourselves and leaving when someone gash like Britney Spears walks on..........

Britney, now we're talking

Cox on glade will clash with headliners in my opinion. Anything else could get dangerous.

The only thing that hasn't had its own announcement that realistically could do now is Beat Hotel. They have really drawn this out!

Got to echo Bradders above, to the lay person these don't really class as announcements for many people as they are just supplementary areas that people may dip into outside of the main stages.

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Carl Cox, Daniel Avery, Craig Charles and Basement Jax DJ. How is his set going to work with closing Glade too?

The Glade have said Carl is Friday headliner and taking last years times that is from 11pm til around 20 past midnight.

A quick hop and skip over to Arcadia for a 1am slot.

1 minute ago, dannygrif said:

Next Wednesday? Christ on a bike, that's 8 more blue chickens away, not sure I can cope. Was fully expecting it to drop Thursday 

You could always sing a song to help pass the time..................................

There'll be 8 blue chickens sitting on a wall

8 blue chickens sitting on a wall

and if one blue chicken should accidentally fall there'll be

Blue chicken for tea tongiht

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You could always sing a song to help pass the time..................................

There'll be 8 blue chickens sitting on a wall

8 blue chickens sitting on a wall

and if one blue chicken should accidentally fall there'll be

Blue chicken for tea tongiht

Now this, this is the kind of pass-time I could get used to

42 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Cox on glade will clash with headliners in my opinion. Anything else could get dangerous.

The only thing that hasn't had its own announcement that realistically could do now is Beat Hotel. They have really drawn this out!

Got to echo Bradders above, to the lay person these don't really class as announcements for many people as they are just supplementary areas that people may dip into outside of the main stages.

Maybe that's the point though - most people will be unaware of everything else that is on offer away from the main stages. By making people aware / only able to focus on the other bits and pieces for a few weeks I assume their hope is that this will help ease overcrowding at certain venues etc. amongst other things.

Edited by djdavejohnson

15 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The Glade have said Carl is Friday headliner and taking last years times that is from 11pm til around 20 past midnight.

A quick hop and skip over to Arcadia for a 1am slot.

This makes a lot of sense, if people are aware that there's two opportunities to catch him that night this will help congestion (to an extent).

49 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Some gash like Britney? Come now.

10 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Maybe that's the point though - most people will be unaware of everything else that is on offer away from the main stages. By making people aware / only able to focus on the other bits and pieces for a few weeks I assume their hope is that this will help ease overcrowding at certain venues etc. amongst other things.

to be honest my experience in recent years is pretty much everything is busy..... if something is popular it will be. There are a lot of people on site these days more so than was the case back in say 2008/9 i think.

Certain areas need it (theatre & circus, Leftfield, Avalon) but certain definitely do not like Shangri La, Block 9, Arcadia which are all already extremely popular to the point of annoyance.

Edited by Memory Man

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Discussed a fair few pages back if TheThingy should include the smaller, not mentioned by the official site, announcements. I've added them at the end of the 2016 list in a sperate list. What do you reckon?

Course chief! Love the smaller stages. Although you spelled "Lounge" wrong. :)

Wheres Toad Hall? :unsure:

Aha, Greenfields. 

Edited by The Nal