Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I will be more confident of Tuesday if Arcadia announced today.

It's not unheard of for Arcadia to announce well after the full poster has been revealed.

I'm going for full poster Tuesday with EE app and ticket competition following on Wednesday.

Stage times in a couple more weeks.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's not unheard of for Arcadia to announce well after the full poster has been revealed.

I'm going for full poster Tuesday with EE app and ticket competition following on Wednesday.

Stage times in a couple more weeks.

Stage times not being for another few weeks would be annoying but I guess they didn't come until the start of June last year.

Although the main thing I want now is the stage splits to see where LCD are and whether there appears to a be a space below Adele, so I'm not too bothered about set times coming alongside it.

Edit: Because the main poster itself will probably answer these without the need for set times.

Edited by Will-2609

2 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Wouldn't the Ashcroft announcement more likely be new tour dates? maybe Glasto will be part of it but I can't see him just announcing it on its own.   

This is probably more like likely to be fair and like @jparx said if there has been an announcement already  he may add in he is playing Glasto. Is BBC breakfast a popular place to announce music events? I have never watched it, I assume its like GMTV type thing?  

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I imagine the lineup will drop at 8am or whatever, and he'll be there to say 'yeah i'm on the bill, super stoked'. Or whatever.

I just don't see how Ashcroft announcing tour dates would warrant an appearance on Breakfast, but they do often have some real bumpf on there so who knows.

Nope, he announced his other tour dates just like normal, it defo sounds like he's there to give feedback on something he is doing. Glasto would be ace and he's only at a couple of fests this year, decent name. I'd be there.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I imagine the lineup will drop at 8am or whatever, and he'll be there to say 'yeah i'm on the bill, super stoked'. Or whatever.

I just don't see how Ashcroft announcing tour dates would warrant an appearance on Breakfast, but they do often have some real bumpf on there so who knows.

he's promoting a new album so appearing on a TV chat show. it's not really that odd. his announcement is probably tour dates. whether Glastonbury is in there remains to be seen, but I'd say his announcement and a Glastonbury full lineup announcement are completely separate.

he's there to promote himself, his album, and probably his own solo tour.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

he's promoting a new album so appearing on a TV chat show. it's not really that odd. his announcement is probably tour dates. whether Glastonbury is in there remains to be seen, but I'd say his announcement and a Glastonbury full lineup announcement are completely separate.

he's there to promote himself, his album, and probably his own solo tour.

Well we're expecting the lineup this week and someone who could be in the bill will be on Breakfast around the time it could be announced. I'm just connecting the dots, that's all. I watch Breakfast every morning and they don't often have someone like Richard Ashcroft on just to announce tour dates.

Richard Ashcroft be a great addition to the line up if what we are saying is true. RA and CATB are 2 names I'd love to see added.

Be nice to have the full line up by Bank Holiday Monday as me and my mates are having a 'Meeting' so full line up could help us. Trying to be uber organised as this is our first time, but i'm sure once we're there we'll forget about all organisation and do everything spontaneously. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Well we're expecting the lineup this week and someone who could be in the bill will be on Breakfast around the time it could be announced. I'm just connecting the dots, that's all. I watch Breakfast every morning and they don't often have someone like Richard Ashcroft on just to announce tour dates.

they're obviously not having him on just to announce his tour dates. he'll be there for a chat about various stuff, promoting his new album, and will probably mention that he's playing some gigs and give them a little plug. that's how pretty much all these appearances go.

just from a quick look on youtube, they've had The Corrs, Phil Collins, Busted, The Vamps, Birdy, Duran Duran, All Saints, Little Mix and Travis all on there recently, so Ashcroft being on isn't remotely unusual.

the fact that his appearance is on one of the rumoured days for a Glastonbury full lineup announcement is almost certainly complete coincidence. his appearance was probably arranged a month or 2 ago and has no connection whatsoever to a Glastonbury announcement.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

they're obviously not having him on just to announce his tour dates. he'll be there for a chat about various stuff, promoting his new album, and will probably mention that he's playing some gigs and give them a little plug. that's how pretty much all these appearances go.

just from a quick look on youtube, they've had The Corrs, Phil Collins, Busted, The Vamps, Birdy, Duran Duran, All Saints, Little Mix and Travis all on there recently, so Ashcroft being on isn't remotely unusual.

the fact that his appearance is on one of the rumoured days for a Glastonbury full lineup announcement is almost certainly complete coincidence. his appearance was probably arranged a month or 2 ago and has no connection whatsoever to a Glastonbury announcement.

Well that's that then!

haha, well it wasn't about proving anyone wrong, it's just I was almost sure that musicians being in talking bollocks and plugging whatever they were selling was a regular occurrence on BBC Breakfast!

granted I didn't actually watch any of those clips, but I can't imagine Busted were in to discuss the geo-political climate in the Middle East or anything!

I might have to take a week sabbatical from the board to get over the shame.

Aaaaaaaaanyway. I still think we'll have the full lineup at some point this week. Hopefully some stuff comes out tomorrow which could indicate a possible day for the announcement. I'll be surprised if it drops without some kind of heads up.