Next Announcement thread

Matt42

I was just looking at the Clashfinder and it has LCD, Muse, Underworld and Sigur Ros clashing on Friday. Surely they won't clash LCD with Muse?? :-(

Anyone know how accurate that is currently? Has it been right in previous years?

Edited by Abensie

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Abensie said:

I was just looking at the Clashfinder and it has LCD, Muse, Underworld and Sigur Ros clashing on Friday. Surely they won't clash LCD with Muse?? :-(

Anyone know how accurate that is currently? Has it been right in previous years?

In previous years it's been about half right, LCD Soundsystem on Other stage on Friday night is not totally likely but it's likely.

That would Suck. Arse.

Especially seeing that Sunday is pretty underwhelming in the headline department (for me that is)

Edited by Abensie

10 minutes ago, Abensie said:

That would Suck. Arse.

Especially seeing that Sunday is pretty underwhelming in the headline department (for me that is)

There's a hope at the moment that it'll be Disclosure on Friday night with LCD being on Sunday. That all depends on if Disclosure are on Saturday night. Which depends if they're subbing Adele. Which depends on whether or not there is a 'secret'/special sub or not. It's like an onion.

With it looking likely we'll get the full poster within the next 7 days is there one, realistic, act in particular (RH aside) you're hoping to see pop up?

The Coral for me. It was mentioned on here that they may have been held back from the initial poster due to them headlining Liverpool Sound City. Hoping that's the case. 

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

With it looking likely we'll get the full poster within the next 7 days is there one, realistic, act in particular (RH aside) you're hoping to see pop up?

The Coral for me. It was mentioned on here that they may have been held back from the initial poster due to them headlining Liverpool Sound City. Hoping that's the case. 

Weezer, because they said they are gonna be at the festival, despite being slated for shows already all weekend. A mid-afternoon other stage slot would go down a treat and see the sort of scenes witnessed at Frank Turner last year. I'm not a fan but the (massive) crowd were absolutely pumped!

Edited by Jugtanion

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Most of my must-sees come around as surprises each year, so would love another Mavis Staples/Ronnie Spector type affair. 

I'm really hoping that Kiran Leonard turns up for an early John Peel/Park slot, though. One of my favourite records of this year from him.

3 minutes ago, Jugtanion said:

Weezer, because they said they are gonna be at the festival, despite being slated for shows already all weekend. A mid-afternoon other stage slot would go down a treat and see the sort of scenes witnessed at Frank Turner last year. I'm not a fan but the (massive) crowd were absolutely pumped!

I'd go mental if Weezer were announced, but I just don't see how they can play since they are in the US all around it, regardless of what Rivers said. I think he was just reeling off festivals that he has heard of tbh :P

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd go mental if Weezer were announced, but I just don't see how they can play since they are in the US all around it, regardless of what Rivers said. I think he was just reeling off festivals that he has heard of tbh :P

Dammit Rivers!

30 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Hurts for me. Can't believe they have not been announced for any festivals. The new album is a bit of a stinker but it is not that bad where upon they should drop off the face of the earth.

32 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

White Denim

Michael Kiwanuka

Iggy Pop

Gallant

Jamie XX

Christine and the Queens

Jack Garratt

Alabama Shakes

FKA Twigs

Jamie Woon

Jungle

Super Furry Animals

Villagers

(I know I know you asked for one.)

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

might have to turn off tweet notifications from the glade now they've announced.

sweet lord they're busy.

I've already turned them off this morning :D Phone has sounded like a bee hive for the last two weeks.