Next Announcement thread

Matt42

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

I can't imagine salty meaning fit..... 'look at that girl, shes salty.......' sounds..... weird!

I however agree with the hatred of bare and dank. Unless Radiohead want to do a dub remix of Decks Dark called Decks Dank and then I am all for it :P

Salty's up there with the Australian 'spunk'.

^^ Jesus, what fucking appalling sentence!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Miesh said:

A few weeks ago we had a briefing session during which the presenter said pacific four times.   I thought I was going to explode.   

A work in a world of Civil Service acronyms and made up bollocks.

People use 'white space' instead of 'grey area'. WTAF???

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Hench is like a brick shithouse, not fit as in hot. Was that what they meant by salty? I cannae be arsed to read back...

Ohhh.

I dunno now. 

I could ask Lone Son aka 'My Favourite', but obviously he's not up at this ungodly hour. Apparently 'school has finished'...although exams have not yet begun.

2 minutes ago, mpop said:

Around 10.00 today

Ooh, any source on that or are we back to guessing?

I'm sat up waiting for postman to arrive with my tickets, so early announcement would be good for me to have something to digest before bed.

I don't mind reappropriation of words. That's genuine evolution of the language. It's both cool and wicked. Makes me feel left behind, but tough titties.

And 'pacific', whilst an error is one I have sympathy for, since 'specific' isn't an easy word to say. I used to say 'pacific' as a child, not because I didn't know any better, but because I simply couldn't say it correctly. I noticed every time and for a while, did Porky Pig like verbal contortions to use a different word.

I hope this leniency won't loose me any friends ;)

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't mind reappropriation of words. That's genuine evolution of the language. It's both cool and wicked. Makes me feel left behind, but tough titties.

And 'pacific', whilst an error is one I have sympathy for, since 'specific' isn't an easy word to say. I used to say 'pacific' as a child, not because I didn't know any better, but because I simply couldn't say it correctly. I noticed every time and for a while, did Porky Pig like verbal contortions to use a different word.

I hope this leniency won't loose me any friends ;)

I agree, we cant be all celebrating the Shakespeare and then get annoyed that the youth are making up new words and reappropriating old ones. My 12 year old did say pacific last night though and I did have to correct him but the rest I just let go (fam). 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Ugh. 'Salty' to describe someone as 'fit' makes my parental shit itch.

So using 'salty' instead of 'fit' to mean 'hot' is bad, even though none of those words originally meant 'attractive'?

As a foreigner, it's hard enough to figure out what some of you are saying on here, particularly when expressing an opinion on quality. I've only just realised there's a difference between " this band is bollocks" and "this band is the bollocks".

Just now, marcoolio said:

So using 'salty' instead of 'fit' to mean 'hot' is bad, even though none of those words originally meant 'attractive'?

As a foreigner, it's hard enough to figure out what some of you are saying on here, particularly when expressing an opinion on quality. I've only just realised there's a difference between " this band is bollocks" and "this band is the bollocks".

Salty means someone is mad about losing videos games surely.