Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Anderson19 said:

@bennyhana22 how many bands/acts was it you actually saw last year? I recall we were waiting days on here for you to resurface post festival and when you did there was the story of your mad dash around site seeing as many as possible.

Love that personally don't have the stamina for it myself!

I genuinely can't quite remember, Anderson. What I would say is that, pleased though I was with my tally (i.e. I saw everything on the Schedule, and some extras too), I did have to reflect on how the size of the place is a rate-limiting step!

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be (gently!) disparaging to the naysayers who seem to think that going from Pyramid to the Park is the equivalent of the Marathon des Sables (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_des_Sables), but distances do mean that you can't get as much done as at, say, a Latitude or a Green Man. At Green Man 2014, starting on Thursday evening I saw 43 bands/acts, inclusion based on watching at least three full consecutive tracks from start to finish, most of which were full sets. Now that was a ScheduleTM!

As it stands, I do intend to scrutinise the line-up even more this year, as my night-time lists were a bit patchy. not surprisingly, given the absurd vastness of the line-up, my capacity to check out everything pre-festival was challenged! Full line-up in the programme as you walk through the gates? Nein danke. That would ruin my Wednesday and Thursday!

As I've said in another thread, and possibly ridiculously, my plan is to walk along every path in the stages/markets area on the Wednesday and at least look at everything, stopping for longer at my discretion. I'm on a 0315h coach and hope, therefore, to be at Gate A before it opens, giving me pretty much the whole day ahead of me, after getting to Base Camp Alpha and pitching up. Bring it.

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

4 hours ago, KryziF said:

Is it just me who would kinda like to go back to the early 2000s system when you didn't get a full lineup until you got the programme at the gates, was so exciting searching through for everything you wanted to see.

Can't you choose to do that, if you really want to, though? Just don't look at the lineup announcement! Personally I prefer having the lineup in advance as it allows me time to discover new music and check out acts I hadn't really heard before- its all part of the build up for me. I still end up discovering new stuff while there, as you can't help but encounter stuff even when you're on route to something else.

Edited by Mr.Tease

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I genuinely can't quite remember, Anderson. What I would say is that, pleased though I was with my tally (i.e. I saw everything on the Schedule, and some extras too), I did have to reflect on how the size of the place is a rate-limiting step!

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be (gently!) disparaging to the naysayers who seem to think that going from Pyramid to the Park is the equivalent of the Marathon des Sables (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_des_Sables), but distances do mean that you can't get as much done as at, say, a Latitude or a Green Man. At Green Man 2014, starting on Thursday evening I saw 43 bands/acts, inclusion based on watching at least three full consecutive tracks from start to finish, most of which were full sets. Now that was a ScheduleTM!

As it stands, I do intend to scrutinise the line-up even more this year, as my night-time lists were a bit patchy. not surprisingly, given the absurd vastness of the line-up, my capacity to check out everything pre-festival was challenged! Full line-up in the programme as you walk through the gates? Nein danke. That would ruin my Wednesday and Thursday!

As I've said in another thread, and possibly ridiculously, my plan is to walk along every path in the stages/markets area on the Wednesday and at least look at everything, stopping for longer at my discretion. I'm on a 0315h coach and hope, therefore, to be at Gate A before it opens, giving me pretty much the whole day ahead of me, after getting to Base Camp Alpha and pitching up. Bring it.

:)

Ben

Brilliant!

I hope you enjoy this time round as much as last year I'm sure you will, your passion for the music is brilliant, I know we all say "oh it's not just about the music" but it really is as good as Wednesday and Thursday are we all go there for the music firstly and foremost.

Your Wednesday plan sound excellent I don't think I have covered all these tracks over the last 5 years - although I do love a bimble your planning/scheduling is something else.

I only managed to get tickets in the secret resale last Thursday! As you can imagine only 40 days to schedule just to my standards is already worrying me at the same time it's beyond exciting.

Enjoy it as I'm sure you will! I look forward to reading your story of Glastonbury 2016. 

Edited by Anderson19

6 hours ago, KryziF said:

Is it just me who would kinda like to go back to the early 2000s system when you didn't get a full lineup until you got the programme at the gates, was so exciting searching through for everything you wanted to see.

No I'd love be that . To be honest once I arrive, and my tent is up. I then sit there crack open the beers , read the guide and find out who i want to see. Got to say I miss the pencil they used to put in there . 

4 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Can't you choose to do that, if you really want to, though?

Yes in theory, but the fact that everyone else knows and I don't would drive me crazy. I wouldn't be able to resist looking. I have no will power, so I'd only be able to do it if I was crazy crazy busy or unable to connect to the internet.

59 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2nd Half of may today...

The Glade + Shangri La sometime this week. Arcadia at some point  over the next 10 days and at the back end of next week - "The Big reveal"?

Think you're totally right.

I'm looking at the The Thingy (AHTT), and I can't see any patterns that would suggest an announcement will be today. Therefore it's clear we can expect an announcement today.

14 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I'm looking at the The Thingy (AHTT), and I can't see any patterns that would suggest an announcement will be today. Therefore it's clear we can expect an announcement today.

C'mon Phil, lay some more genius level mathematics on us.I want to see your working as well!

Just now, jparx said:

C'mon Phil, lay some more genius level mathematics on us.I want to see your working as well!

Well...

The first announcement of the weeks for the last three weeks has been:

Weds (27th)

Mon (2nd) - 5 days since last announcement

Tue (10th) - 8 days since last announcement

So now that it's 6 days since the last announcement, it's clear it'll be today. Today is of course is the 16th, and as we all know 1 x 6 = 6.

31 minutes ago, big__phil said:

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah Phil, there MUST be a pattern...

You have until I've finished my coffee.

Edited by djdavejohnson
Oops, Phil was too quick. Haven't even started my coffee.

43 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Well...

The first announcement of the weeks for the last three weeks has been:

Weds (27th)

Mon (2nd) - 5 days since last announcement

Tue (10th) - 8 days since last announcement

So now that it's 6 days since the last announcement, it's clear it'll be today. Today is of course is the 16th, and as we all know 1 x 6 = 6.

C'mon Phil you forgot that 13 + 3 is 16 and since your calculation involving 3s on the 13th was incorrect then there must be an announcement today.

11 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

C'mon Phil you forgot that 13 + 3 is 16 and since your calculation involving 3s on the 13th was incorrect then there must be an announcement today.

Exactly. Not quite sure why the theory of 3 didn't work, but I'm all in on my new theory. It shall be known as 'The Joy Of Six; The most satisfying theory to date'.

EDIT: Just spotted this is the 69th page of this thread, which is two digits of 6 (albeit one of them is upside down).

Edited by big__phil