Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a wine tasting last night.  On of our group asked if there was a reason certain wines were on a particular table etc. Someone replied "no there isn't" 

I raised my glass and with a smile said "there is no pattern" The only response I got was a funny look. 

23 minutes ago, Miesh said:

I was at a wine tasting last night.  On of our group asked if there was a reason certain wines were on a particular table etc. Someone replied "no there isn't" 

I raised my glass and with a smile said "there is no pattern" The only response I got was a funny look. 

Did you also add #hailtothethingy?

2 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

When did Emily say the full line up would be? I remember seeing her reply to someone with a vague date

She said 'in a few weeks' I think. And that was about a week ago. I believe it was on instagram.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong :P I think the general consensus is it'll drop w/c 23rd.

4 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

When did Emily say the full line up would be? I remember seeing her reply to someone with a vague date

Pretty sure she said it would be in a couple of weeks time. That was about a week ago. 

14 hours ago, Miesh said:

:D:D:D

Just now, KryziF said:

Is it just me who would kinda like to go back to the early 2000s system when you didn't get a full lineup until you got the programme at the gates, was so exciting searching through for everything you wanted to see.

That'll be just you, KryziF.

Don't you know about The ScheduleTM?

;)

Ben

In the early 2000s the lineup was announced prior to the festival so it will have been earlier than that.

But pedantry aside, I wouldn't like it. I prefer having the opportunity to investigate and find stuff you like before you get there. 

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That'll be just you, KryziF.

Don't you know about The ScheduleTM?

;)

Ben

So, we have:

1. The Thingy (all hail, etc...)

2. The Menu (artist, stage, time...)

From which with Dr. Ben produces:

3. The Schedule

11 minutes ago, KryziF said:

Is it just me who would kinda like to go back to the early 2000s system when you didn't get a full lineup until you got the programme at the gates, was so exciting searching through for everything you wanted to see.

I bet there are people that go who only know the headliners when they step through the gates, so I think with a bit of work it's doable. Wouldn't volunteer for it though.

55 minutes ago, Woffy said:

So, we have:

1. The Thingy (all hail, etc...)

2. The Menu (artist, stage, time...)

From which with Dr. Ben produces:

3. The Schedule

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

4. The Bends

48 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Ha! Indeed! Beaten at my own game! ;-)

Oh dear.

Listmania looms. We need an anouncement for distraction...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

In the early 2000s the lineup was announced prior to the festival so it will have been earlier than that.

But pedantry aside, I wouldn't like it. I prefer having the opportunity to investigate and find stuff you like before you get there. 

From my memory they announced the headliners in advance but not really much more detail. Certainly no more than you have on the current poster. Could be wrong though, I remember buying Q magazine to get the line up a couple of weeks before but that was pretty much the pyramid and other, but still having to find out everything else from the program.

1 hour ago, KryziF said:

Is the schedule your crazy run round like a nutter to see as many bands as possible? If so it'd still be possible you just have to plan it on the Weds when you arrive

Yes, that's excatly what it is!

And NO, it would not be possible without the full website beast being available for at least three weeks beforehand! Do you have any idea how much homework is involved to create The ScheduleTM?

;)

Ben

6 minutes ago, KryziF said:

From my memory they announced the headliners in advance but not really much more detail. Certainly no more than you have on the current poster. Could be wrong though, I remember buying Q magazine to get the line up a couple of weeks before but that was pretty much the pyramid and other, but still having to find out everything else from the program.

I seem to remember  in the early 00's the full line up was published in the Guardian on the 1st of June for most of the stages (except the tiny ones that often weren't in the program anyway)