Next Announcement thread

Matt42

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'm hopfull the glade will throw up someone... Carl Cox on friday has potential to be very very special. Hopefully he has a decent supporting cast.

As an aside Ben - this guy is on in the Silver Hayes:

Where do you think he'll play? Please not in Wow at a time when the world and his uncle are trying to cram in there. I need at least a little space to dance...

Ben

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Where do you think he'll play? Please not in Wow at a time when the world and his uncle are trying to cram in there. I need at least a little space to dance...

Ben

I think he will be on in WOW on Friday night, He is playing awakenings festival in amsterdam on both sat and sunday. So he will be Friday.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

3 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

I think there's more chance of Prince & Bowie appearing as special guests with Radiohead for a secret headliner spot after Adele on the Saturday night :P

do they not get on anymore? not really a big DnB fan, but loved the Progression Sessions series, particularly vol.5

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'm hopfull the glade will throw up someone... Carl Cox on friday has potential to be very very special. Hopefully he has a decent supporting cast.

As an aside Ben - this guy is on in the Silver Hayes:

That is flipping ace! God knows what I was doing last year when he was on Arcadia.

18 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

do they not get on anymore? not really a big DnB fan, but loved the Progression Sessions series, particularly vol.5

They fell out big time over money and god knows what else. Lots of very public ranting online by Conrad and various other connected parties. 

Good Looking Records gradually ate itself over the years, so many tales of artists being taken advantage of and various silly beefs. For such a legendary label it was run terribly, now all that's left is Bukem playing the odd set here and there. 

It's a big shame, they had thier own niche carved out that no one else could really touch. Those progession session mixes were brilliant! 

Perhaps the worst thing of all for me is that they're still sat on one of the greatest d&b tunes of all time, still unreleased almost 25 years after being made:

3 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

They fell out big time over money and god knows what else. Lots of very public ranting online by Conrad and various other connected parties. 

Good Looking Records gradually ate itself over the years, so many tales of artists being taken advantage of and various silly beefs. For such a legendary label it was run terribly, now all that's left is Bukem playing the odd set here and there. 

It's a big shame, they had thier own niche carved out that no one else could really touch. Those progession session mixes were brilliant! 

Perhaps the worst thing of all for me is that they're still sat on one of the greatest d&b tunes of all time, still unreleased almost 25 years after being made:

If we are doing this off topic thing here, now, have a bit of this......

Ive never got drum n bass at all. It sounds too slow to me. (Yes I know the bpm is 170) but people dance really slowly to it. Why? 

Hard House is 20bpm slower, but people dance much much quicker and harder to it.

I think it's a northern thing. We have very few Drum n Bass nights up here. Ive tried, but after about 20 mins - Im bored.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

16 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ive never got drum n bass at all. It sounds too slow to me. (Yes I know the bpm is 170) but people dance really slowly to it. Why? 

Hard House is 20bpm slower, but people dance much much quicker and harder to it.

I think it's a northern thing. We have very few Drum n Bass nights up here. Ive tried, but after about 20 mins - Im bored.

Is it even possible to dance at 170+bpm? Even if I could manage that, what with Glasto already being a marathon coupled with an abundance of DnB on offer I think that would end me by the time Friday hit!

4 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Is it even possible to dance at 170+bpm? Even if I could manage that, what with Glasto already being a marathon coupled with an abundance of DnB on offer I think that would end me by the time Friday hit!

Yes.. you don't dance on every beat. You dance on the 1st beat of a bar or the 1st and 3rd.

Ha that video is hilarious :lol:

However to bring discussions back to the topic of the thread, what we thinking re next announcement? Tomorrow? I think in one of the other threads (the self-confirmation thread comes to mind) part of the Glade area's set times were announced by one of the acts appearing. Glade announcement imminent?