Next Announcement thread

Matt42

A fortnight or so ago, someone found a promoters tweet about an act with a "pre glastonbury gig" which couldnt be announced until today. 

Think the venue was Gorilla in manchester. I assumed it couldnt be announced as they were not on the initial poster and we would get them yesterday or today at some point.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

A fortnight or so ago, someone found a promoters tweet about an act with a "pre glastonbury gig" which couldnt be announced until today. 

Think the venue was Gorilla in manchester. I assumed it couldnt be announced as they were not on the initial poster and we would get them yesterday or today at some point.

Chap last week also mentioned he interviewed a couple of smaller acts who aren't on the poster who told him they weren't allowed to say they were playing before last Thursday.  I assumed that meant an embargo date (as has been mentioned by some of the stage/area organisers in the last couple of years) was that date, but sadly nothing has come to pass.

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I hope it's soon, things seem to have gone a bit sour at the top of the page!

Yes, there's been quite a few nasty(ish) things said in a few threads recently - we need an announcement to make us happy again!

Is there an announcement-dance (similar to a rain-dance) we could try? Or maybe we should all stand by our beds as one?

45 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

oh yeah, i was part of that discussion, totally forgot about it. Lets see what happens.

my firm belief for a while has been for an announcement tomorrow. when they said April and we're ahead of schedule it was always going to be right at the end of April, considering we don't normally get anything stage by stage until May

Edited by Memory Man

49 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That's the kind of idle speculation with a little bit of evidence that I like to excite me throughout the day

53 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Didn't we pin our hopes on a venue announcing a pre glasto gig last year? Only for them to announce it but nothing came from the festival.

I may have dreamt that...

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

No worries my friend!

Anyway... Anyone think the festival might slide it out this afternoon? Seems most are expecting tomorrow so would be apt if they did the unexpected.

Ah. I've this theory before and I like it. The announcements are so random and chaotic that they must go against any vague pattern (not that there are many patterns to be begin with). They should be so random and chaotic that we start to believe there could be an announcement at any time, even in August or something ridiculous like that.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Ah. I've this theory before and I like it. The announcements are so random and chaotic that they must go against any vague pattern (not that there are many patterns to be begin with). They should be so random and chaotic that we start to believe there could be an announcement at any time, even in August or something ridiculous like that.

This all sounds very familiar...

Chaos.jpg

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Goldblum needs to be sent to Glastonbury HQ:

"You can't keep the poster suppressed Michael. It'll get out. Life, uh, finds a way..."

Michael creates Glastonbury

Glastonbury creates Efests

Efests creates The Thingy

Catfish destroy Glastonbury

The Thingy inherits the Earth