Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Definitely think the big poster is coming tomorrow.

Either Emily is outright lying, or we're getting a big poster this week. 

I think "outright lying" is a little harsh :-) With an operation the size of Glastonbury I'm sure there are unforeseen circumstances that prevent everything from going to plan, including the timing of announcements. Given their track record I think Michael and Emily would be better off not committing to any kind of promise regarding lineup as even the most throwaway statements get over analysed and they're subsequently criticised for not fulfilling their promises

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

I think "outright lying" is a little harsh :-) With an operation the size of Glastonbury I'm sure there are unforeseen circumstances that prevent everything from going to plan, including the timing of announcements. Given their track record I think Michael and Emily would be better off not committing to any kind of promise regarding lineup as even the most throwaway statements get over analysed and they're subsequently criticised for not fulfilling their promises

Quite. When they book headliners either petitions get started about them taking risks or people moan about them not taking risks, when they are building up to releasing a poster either people moan because they haven't trailed it or people moan because they have trailed it, it's a wonder they don't pack the entire operation in and just list the bands appearing in the programme. It'd still sell out no matter what amount of information they announced, so they only ever release things out of courtesy rather than necessity, and what do they get for it? Death threats thrown in their face. Absolutely embarrassing.

Edited by Zac Quinn

I didn't intend to literally accuse EE of being a potential liar, it was more to make my point clearer and more emphatic :P if we don't get anything this week it'll likely because some plans have changed, either at their end or with some of the bands.

Thing is people are taking "stage by stage/stage splits" announcement in different ways. Some took it as areas/stages announcing their lineup one by one over many days, which I guess was kind of encouraged by the release of the Kids Field lineup the other week. I always took it as meaning the poster with the full main stage lineups, like this one, but not with day splits.

posterv12.png

I reckon/hope that we'll get one like that this week, then the smaller area posters over the next month or so before day splits/times at the beginning of June.

4 minutes ago, paulmuchmore said:

Thing is people are taking "stage by stage/stage splits" announcement in different ways. Some took it as areas/stages announcing their lineup one by one over many days, which I guess was kind of encouraged by the release of the Kids Field lineup the other week. I always took it as meaning the poster with the full main stage lineups, like this one, but not with day splits.

posterv12.png

I reckon/hope that we'll get one like that this week, then the smaller area posters over the next month or so before day splits/times at the beginning of June.

Don't do that to me.  I thought it was out!

EDIT:  But yeah, this is what I expect this week too.  With the full shebang late May.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I now can't see it being tomorrow as the Hillsborough verdict is due at 11am and will, quite rightly, take all the headlines.

A second poster won't take any headlines or even make the news.... big deal to you and I but its a list of secondary bands etc.

5 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

A second poster won't take any headlines or even make the news.... big deal to you and I but its a list of secondary bands etc.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm sure which stage Two Door Cinema Club is playing isn't gonna be big news anyway.

But when Radiohead appear on the poster...................

I really don't think what's in the news will affect when/if we get a poster, UNLESS it's a major death or something along those lines. I just can't imagine Emily Eavis sitting there thinking 'well, we could release it on Tuesday but Hillsborough will be all over the news'. The festival is already sold out, they are hardly going to be worried about not making the 6 o clock news because of the Hillsborough verdict. If that was the case, the lineup would never get released because there's always some big news that would over shadow it.