Coldplay, what to expect?

ten2doc

10 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Ugh that setlist is about the best we can hope for I suppose. Don't Panic followed by See You Soon was probably nice. I just wish they'd play Spies, it's one of their greats and they never play it.

what setlist are you talking about!?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw them live at radio one thingy and thought they were very good, brought on the extra layers and confetti cannons etc. new songs went down well and evrryone was dancing about young and old. We took the kids and they thought Coldplay were the best of the day, followed by Ellie Golding and years and years. Worst performance went to The Weekend.

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Just saw them live at radio one thingy and thought they were very good, brought on the extra layers and confetti cannons etc. new songs went down well and evrryone was dancing about young and old. We took the kids and they thought Coldplay were the best of the day, followed by Ellie Golding and years and years. Worst performance went to The Weekend.

They're great fun. Watched the same, if you can't enjoy that then there's no hope for you. Fix you and the scientist are wonderful live for a sing sing. I personally can't wait as I've never seen them.

On 27 May 2016 at 11:31 AM, SilverLining87 said:

The guy that creates Xylobands for the tours confirmed at the start of May that they will be used at Glastonbury. Pyramid field should be a great spectacle on Sunday night :-)

Capture.PNG

So they definitely are using xylobands, is this confirmed? Do they have them on the recent tour? It would look amazing. Assuming they would hand them out inbetween the sets, would need a lot of helpers though.

Edited by danbailey80

I heard Up and Up on the radio just over a week ago. I LOVED it in the way that you get when you hear a song for the first time and it elevates the mind to wondrous heights (you know) so I watched the video and that BLEW MY FUCKING MIND as I had just sat a GCSE Astronomy exam and my head was still full on full of astro stuff. Anyway, I ended up buying the album and It is pretty stupendous. I'm there with bells on thanks to Up and Up.

I watched them and they ended any last possibility of me deciding to go and see them on the Sunday night. I still really like their first two albums, but the setlist they do isn't for me.

I remember watching them on TV at Glastonbury in 2002, and instantly liking the new songs before the album was even out. If they played Shiver, Spies, Politik, Everything Not Lost, In My Place etc I might have changed my mind late on (they might have played one of these I turned it off later on).

20 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I watched them and they ended any last possibility of me deciding to go and see them on the Sunday night. I still really like their first two albums, but the setlist they do isn't for me.

I remember watching them on TV at Glastonbury in 2002, and instantly liking the new songs before the album was even out. If they played Shiver, Spies, Politik, Everything Not Lost, In My Place etc I might have changed my mind late on (they might have played one of these I turned it off later on).

They played all of those on Thursday, I think the radio1 weekend was a reduced set list from the tour 

They know the deal with festival setlists and, while the set is going to have a handful of tracks from the new album you can be assured that all the favourites are going to get trotted out.  This might well (some would say hopefully) be their last Glastonbury headline performance, so they are going to want to keep up the track record of decent performances that they are known for.

Singing was gash at that Radio 1 gig though, put me right off.

22 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

If they played Shiver, Spies, Politik, Everything Not Lost, In My Place etc I might have changed my mind late on (they might have played one of these I turned it off later on).

1 minute ago, bigjontour said:

They played all of those on Thursday, I think the radio1 weekend was a reduced set list from the tour 

Beat me to it! They have been including most of if not all of those tracks in their recent set lists. 

4 minutes ago, bigjontour said:

I hope they bring the xylo bands as they really added to the occasion. 

I really hope so too, and rumour has it it's gonna happen. How is it going to work though? Handed out on entry? 

1 hour ago, djdavejohnson said:

Beat me to it! They have been including most of if not all of those tracks in their recent set lists. 

I really hope so too, and rumour has it it's gonna happen. How is it going to work though? Handed out on entry? 

Surely thay would make you buy them from the Oxfam tent or some such as a tie-in?

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

They know the deal with festival setlists and, while the set is going to have a handful of tracks from the new album you can be assured that all the favourites are going to get trotted out.  This might well (some would say hopefully) be their last Glastonbury headline performance, so they are going to want to keep up the track record of decent performances that they are known for.

Singing was gash at that Radio 1 gig though, put me right off.

Their set list in 2011 was spot on and IIRC different to their own gigs. The recent poppier stuff works really well live.  

21 hours ago, morph100 said:

Ah I've just seen them there too. I agree I thought they were really good as well. If I somehow win tickets or manage to get a working space for Glastonbury I will definitely see them again. Worth a watch the atmosphere were great 

I wasn't a Coldplay 'fan' until I saw them in 2011.  Such a great experience. (And we were stood next to billie piper and her husband in the crowd...not vip..and they were really cool)

when they projected onto the pyramid stage for that waterfall song...just one of my fav. Glastonbury moments ever.

Just now, Alan_C said:

Their set in 2002 was the first I ever watched on TV - I remember because it was the night of my 11th birthday - and ever since then I wanted to go Glastonbury and see Coldplay. 

Well I'm finally going to see them on Saturday but their current setlist isn't for me. They do put on an excellent show regardless so I've no doubt that their Glasto set will be just that - even though I'd rather be watching LCD - but for me I think their best songs were released 14 years ago and obviously I can't expect them to play many of those now. 

9 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Their set in 2002 was the first I ever watched on TV - I remember because it was the night of my 11th birthday - and ever since then I wanted to go Glastonbury and see Coldplay. 

Well I'm finally going to see them on Saturday but their current setlist isn't for me. They do put on an excellent show regardless so I've no doubt that their Glasto set will be just that - even though I'd rather be watching LCD - but for me I think their best songs were released 14 years ago and obviously I can't expect them to play many of those now. 

christ, 14 years ago. how time flies

7 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

In my imagination they'll just have bucket loads on the stage, sound tower, edges etc. and toss them into the crowd once the it looks settled after the sub, that's what I'd do.

Handing them out at the gates strikes me as impractical, half won't make it to the field.