Camplight sale

k8yphillips

• 2 months later...

So who used it this year? 

We did and generally were pretty happy. As some mentioned before it was sort of pot luck whether you got a single skinned or two skinned tent. We got a 3 man tent between two of us and it was excellent. Double skinned tent, plenty of space, good porch area which helped with the mud. 

We did get air beds too which had mixed results - couple of nights they deflated as used air beds are generally more hit and miss than used tents. 

They are changing their model though - next year they'll be offering single skin and double skin as two separate products so no one should be landed with anything they're not expecting. And air beds given will be new - which goes against their model a bit but at least means the product will be reliable.

Staff were also very helpful and friendly and the price was very reasonable. Would do this again next year - far more preferable to the much more expensive and off-site Worthy View (from what I've heard of it anyway). Was a massive relief when we were in the huge delays on the way in, terrible mud and many full campsites to know our place was sorted. 

Edited by arcade fireman

We did and I was happy with it. It's by no means glamping which some people might mistaken it for. Me and two mates got 1 man pop ups and then another for bag storage. The people running it were very nice. You're basically paying for your tent to be put up for you in a great location. Which means you don't have the stress of rushing to get one and you also don't have to carry your tent across the site. We also got sleeping bags off them which was great as they're a pain to pack. When it's a pop up that came to £30 which is great value. The location is absolutely perfect for me. Would do again - in a bigger tent 

• 9 months later...

Just to warn people, they did have a sale a week or two ago and they went very quickly. They also don't tell you the sale time to stop everyone hammering their site at one specific time. Rev up your page checkers.

I missed out on their earlier sale, but undecided whether to try on Sunday because I could really do with the money. But don't want to camp in the arse end of nowhere. Decisions.

9 minutes ago, Untz said:

Just to warn people, they did have a sale a week or two ago and they went very quickly. They also don't tell you the sale time to stop everyone hammering their site at one specific time. Rev up your page checkers.

I missed out on their earlier sale, but undecided whether to try on Sunday because I could really do with the money. But don't want to camp in the arse end of nowhere. Decisions.

I managed to get one in the last sale, spent most of the day refreshing the site which was incredibly boring but I'm feeling pretty happy now knowing I don't have to join the early morning queue to get a spot in Pennards. 
Charm x

5 minutes ago, Charm said:

I managed to get one in the last sale, spent most of the day refreshing the site which was incredibly boring but I'm feeling pretty happy now knowing I don't have to join the early morning queue to get a spot in Pennards. 
Charm x

I did too, but must have tried to actually do some work when they went on sale and missed the beginning. I could put the tent in my basket, but it sold out before I could pay. I'll probably go for it because my coach won't be getting there until after 7pm most likely.

Edited by Untz

I also got 3 x three man tents in the sale, but had to get them refunded cos my husband got them too.... so there's at least those left :)

Page checker is essential I would say - also I would say they'll go on earlier this time as I have heard they didn't get final go ahead from glasto until moments before they released the tents....

We've stayed with them three times now and they are a really friendly crew

Its a massive bonus because of the location and we have coach tickets for the thursday

see you on Pennards Charm!

4 minutes ago, Untz said:

I did too, but must have tried to actually do some work when they went on sale and missed the beginning. I could put the tent in my basket, but it sold out before I could pay. I'll probably go for it because my coach won't be getting there until after 7pm most likely.

Oh dear, how annoying, good luck for Sunday.
Charm x

6 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

I also got 3 x three man tents in the sale, but had to get them refunded cos my husband got them too.... so there's at least those left :)

Page checker is essential I would say - also I would say they'll go on earlier this time as I have heard they didn't get final go ahead from glasto until moments before they released the tents....

We've stayed with them three times now and they are a really friendly crew

Its a massive bonus because of the location and we have coach tickets for the thursday

see you on Pennards Charm!

Great to hear that, have exchanged a few emails with Kieran and he does seem lovely, see you there :)
Charm x

• 2 months later...

What were everyone's experiences here then? We thought it was ace this year. Only got resale tickets so rather than the tent with a porch we had last year we ended up with a smaller pop up since we booked later, but that couldn't be helped - plus no mud meant less need for a porch. 

Organisation was better this year - last year we were generally happy but had issues with an airbed that kept deflating, the replacement kept deflating too. This year no such issues. Even last year though the thing that made us sure it would be even better this year was the attitude of those running it. 

Good to have well demarcated routes to toilets etc. My friends took their own tent and initially thought it was a bit much money but have come round to it being pretty good value and would consider Camplight next time. All the other pre pitched options are either off site and/or a lot more expensive, with not that much in the way of extra luxuries. They should expand for future festivals - cuts down on waste for sure. The 25 quid clean campsite deposit is a good idea - it's a shame it can't be enforced throughout the festival. 

Edited by arcade fireman

On 6/27/2017 at 9:09 AM, arcade fireman said:

What were everyone's experiences here then? We thought it was ace this year. Only got resale tickets so rather than the tent with a porch we had last year we ended up with a smaller pop up since we booked later, but that couldn't be helped - plus no mud meant less need for a porch. 

Organisation was better this year - last year we were generally happy but had issues with an airbed that kept deflating, the replacement kept deflating too. This year no such issues. Even last year though the thing that made us sure it would be even better this year was the attitude of those running it. 

Good to have well demarcated routes to toilets etc. My friends took their own tent and initially thought it was a bit much money but have come round to it being pretty good value and would consider Camplight next time. All the other pre pitched options are either off site and/or a lot more expensive, with not that much in the way of extra luxuries. They should expand for future festivals - cuts down on waste for sure. The 25 quid clean campsite deposit is a good idea - it's a shame it can't be enforced throughout the festival. 

If I go again it will be with CampLight. Glad to hear that you thought highly of your experience. They previously talked about getting another location on sight but I assume that never happened this year.

We definitely need more encouragement of this, possibly even a second camplight area. I don't fancy being near Pennards, it seems to be where all the trouble accumulates. This is definitely an ideal solution especially for those travelling by coach.

I really like the no waste and tidy camp approach. Only down side is limited choice of tents. I like my Fresh and Black

16 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

We definitely need more encouragement of this, possibly even a second camplight area. I don't fancy being near Pennards, it seems to be where all the trouble accumulates. This is definitely an ideal solution especially for those travelling by coach.

I really like the no waste and tidy camp approach. Only down side is limited choice of tents. I like my Fresh and Black

"Trouble accumulates". I sat by my tent by the path for large parts of the festival and didn't see one bit of bother. It's not a through route anymore, unless you count the broken bit of fence that most people took more time to think about going through than it would have taken going round. Organisation of tents was spot on so no guy rope tripping and the staff are always really helpful. It takes the stress out of it all and don't know why there aren't more affordable areas like this. Well done to Kieran and the gang. 

I travelled by coach and stayed at Camplight this year.

Despite the long hike from PG-A to the Camplight site, it worked out well.

It's pretty much pot luck what tent you get - the one they initially allocated me had a broken zip, but as their tent fixers were all out and about, I got reallocated a much bigger and better tent, so that was a result.

The tents seemed sensibly spaced - enough room for chairs and for walking between them without tripping over guy ropes, but not enough for others to put up their tents in between them!

The people around me were nice - many of them arrived on the Thursday and I'd say it's a good option for those who can't arrive early or who don't fancy camping out in the car parks on the Tuesday night.

The location is great, particularly for the Park, Glade, Arcadia, Healing fields, Lost Horizons, and the Stone circle.

From what they told me, they'd like to expand to other parts of Glastonbury, but the festival isn't completely on board with them, and their existence at the festival isn't that secure, which is a shame as it's a good, green option.

So overall recommended, although I might think differently if I was allocated a single skin tent in a wet year.