spot the liar at home in front of a warm fire

eFestivals

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

"I always like watching it [Glastonbury] from the safety of my television at home in front of a warm fire."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-cameron-says-watches-glastonbury-7707905

it's about 18degrees average that time of year and this rocket has his fire lit........ it's his fuckin head thats lit if ya ask me

On this occasion, it doesn't look like any more dodgy than just a humorous way of saying 'rather you than me in the wind/mud/rain etc.'

But I didn't need any persuading that the bloke is a populist fake.  His Aston Villa/West Ham gaff was buttock-clenchingly embarrassing, and I'm surprised it didn't result in him being swept out of office on a wave of public revulsion.

14 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

On this occasion, it doesn't look like any more dodgy than just a humorous way of saying 'rather you than me in the wind/mud/rain etc.'

But I didn't need any persuading that the bloke is a populist fake.  His Aston Villa/West Ham gaff was buttock-clenchingly embarrassing, and I'm surprised it didn't result in him being swept out of office on a wave of public revulsion.

I agree with this.  I don't think he was saying he actually sits and watches it with the fire lit, it was more of (weak) joke about how he'd prefer to be indoors rather than out in the wind and rain.

I imagine the fire reference is because he goes all in for a 'home festival' - tent in the back garden, slab of tuborg, Glastonbury BBC coverage all weekend on a portable TV perched on a camp stool, Osborne pops over to catch the legends spot. So possibly he does have a little camp fire before letting off a Chinese lantern and then dancing the night away to techno under the awning of a nearby chip van.

49 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

it's about 18degrees average that time of year and this rocket has his fire lit........ it's his fuckin head thats lit if ya ask me

how else you suggest he brands the poor if he hasn't got a fire lit? have some sympathy for old porkie he needs some entertainment

8 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Big Bad Bo-Jo went didn't he? Given the rivalry those two have I'm surprised CallMe hasn't been yet.

not to mention the jug-eared, parasitic future king of england. It's a fucking joke, really.

And havent the cuckolds offspring been there too?

Edited by russycarps

When I saw someone wearing a "J P Morgan" t-shirt on Hitchin Hill in 2008, a part of my soul died. I'd like to think Cameron and his ilk have no part at Glasto - but we're holding on to distant memories. They're all complete morally bankrupt fuckers - but still in the minority at Glasto. Just. As long as we continue to go....

5 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I imagine the fire reference is because he goes all in for a 'home festival' - tent in the back garden, slab of tuborg, Glastonbury BBC coverage all weekend on a portable TV perched on a camp stool, Osborne pops over to catch the legends spot. So possibly he does have a little camp fire before letting off a Chinese lantern and then dancing the night away to techno under the awning of a nearby chip van.

...enjoying Samantha's delicious cheese toastie.

Edited by Woffy
Too much?