Staying overnight with day tickets

Elkko

Hey, so me and some of my friends are planning to go to Leeds this year as a final get together before uni. Unfortunately I'm going on holiday with family on the Sunday, so I was wondering how likely it would be that I'd be kicked out of the campsite if I bought Friday and Saturday tickets and stayed in the campsite. Don't really want to spend £200 for 2 days tbh. Cheers 

Why not just buy a weekend ticket? Difference will only be £70-£80 difference. You won't need to fork out on hotels, also I'm sure you can pick up a bargain for a weekend ticket close to the fest.

You can then sell your wristband to one of the touts outside for a few quid on the Sunday.

Technically you're not supposed too but at Leeds you'll be fine unless they change the layout for this year to have a separate day entrance but I don't think it is possible or even worth their time. Anyway no matter if you drive or take public transport you'll still have to go through the campsite first and to leave you'll have to go through the campsite so it's pretty easy to stay. I knew of two people that got day tickets and stayed over last year so its easy to do. They could check your wrists bands but I've only had it done to me once in the campsite and that was when we were leaving the arena so even if I had a day wrist band I could have told the security guard we were on our way to the car park. If you're really concerned about getting caught just wear a long sleeve and cover the wrist band.

Anyway getting a cheaper weekend ticket near to the event may also work and you could spend less than the cost of two day tickets.

• 2 weeks later...