Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

Oldredeyes

Given Paul's political affiliations, I'd say Leftfield, even though that might not meet most people's definition of a big stage.  Plus, I reckon the John Peel stage would be too big for them.  That said, I saw his first performance at Latitude to a nearly-empty tent.  His shownmanship at handling that situation was so legendary, that the following year the tent was rammed - which kind of ruined his plans to carry out the same audience-participation tricks as the previous year.

I agree. Saw them at sold out venues twice on the current tour. The best I've seen Paul heaton in any guise since mid 1990s.

Saw the beautiful south sub the pyramid in 1999 and fell a bit flat as all waiting for REM. 

So hope they headline the park or west holts. 

More likely to be 3 or 4th on the other ?

they could easily do the pyramid, I think people underestimate just how popular the beautiful south were. 

Saw them last year at carfest and they certainly don't get lost on a big stage.

gutted I never saw BS in their pomp but Paul and jacqui are great.

19 minutes ago, Smeble said:

they could easily do the pyramid, I think people underestimate just how popular the beautiful south were. 

Saw them last year at carfest and they certainly don't get lost on a big stage.

gutted I never saw BS in their pomp but Paul and jacqui are great.

Remember them playing the Pyramid in 99 (vaguely) through a snakebite fuelled haze and they were brilliant.

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

the beautiful south in 05 I think it was played the Acoustic tent

was a right rip roaring snort

We went to this and it was bloody brilliant! Although looking back I must apologies for being totally leathered, in a big group, and probably annoying anyone with our dancing who wasn't also suitably leathered. Great fun. 

They're (he's) my partner's all-time favourite act. Seen them lots of times in recent years (including in a pub in the Buckinghamshire countryside as part of Paul's bikes and real ale tour) and they are absolutely superb live. They do more Housemartins than the BS ever did and Heatongrad, off the latest album, is brilliant. An excellent booking, wherever they play. Of course, my fingers are crossed for Saturday night Acoustic headliners as it will almost certainly save me from Adele!!

46 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

They're (he's) my partner's all-time favourite act. Seen them lots of times in recent years (including in a pub in the Buckinghamshire countryside as part of Paul's bikes and real ale tour) and they are absolutely superb live. They do more Housemartins than the BS ever did and Heatongrad, off the latest album, is brilliant. An excellent booking, wherever they play. Of course, my fingers are crossed for Saturday night Acoustic headliners as it will almost certainly save me from Adele!!

I saw the Housemartins on the pyramid in 1986 (I have to search to confirm years as I remember none of them off the top of my head).  They were stonking.

53 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

We went to this and it was bloody brilliant! Although looking back I must apologies for being totally leathered, in a big group, and probably annoying anyone with our dancing who wasn't also suitably leathered. Great fun. 

i was well muntered 

never sang so much in my life , t was awesome