No fly zone over Glastonbury site

stixmcvix

1 hour ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Maybe youd like it if bruce grew a hipster beard and started singing about the woefulness of existence and lost loves while being backed by chris martin playing his fucking piano?  would that be arty and cool enough for you fuckers? 

No, that would be shit.

Why would you cringe at watching a band anyway? were you forced? perhaps dragged there in chains? pretty stupid statement. Id think coldplay were cringeworthy.....if I was ever going to watch coldplay...which I wouldnt because Im not the kind of moron who would watch a band I dont like so ive no need to refer to them as `cringeworthy`

Like the odd Maiden tune, went to see them, they were shit. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

shame really, fairplay to the guy thats a pretty damn creative way of getting into the festival! 

Not sure it would be fairplay if he took out a few folks with a botched landing though.....and he didn't pay to get there like most of the rest of us - unless you count his fine - and I'm reasonably certain he's done it and been fined for it before.

In my book he's a bit of a dick tbh.

29 minutes ago, filmguy said:

For no other reason than it's funny and it has an aeroplane in it

Ah the late great Ray Hanna scaring the sh1t out of Alain de cadenet, he would be grounded today but what a pilot. 

Check out his low pass at goodwood, now that definitely wouldn't be allowed today.

Edited by Smeble

On 5 April 2016 at 9:23 PM, glasto-worker said:

well military aircraft have been doing it for many Years and some were very low indeed - more on a Sunday for some reason or the other - some blasted past at incredible speed - although there was a loud cheer in 1982 when they came past { Falklands War had just ended that June }

Have no clue if they were meant to all I know is it did happen.

it always struck me if they had a mechanical fault - many would be wiped out .

its normally heading towards the Tor { or in that general direction } - have no clue if they do this every weekend but I suspect they don't.

Two things:

The RAF love showing off and believe it helps build public support. Once saw a wonderful show when a Typhoon performed over the car park as we were trying to leave Silverstone after a Grand Prix. I have never heard anything like it before or since.

I'm also sure I remember reading (don't ask for source, I've looked and can't find it) that fast jets use Glastonbury for training to familiarise with flying over large refugee camps. I'm not sure I believe his but I do think I read it. I've certainly told people about it!

11 hours ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Maybe youd like it if bruce grew a hipster beard and started singing about the woefulness of existence and lost loves while being backed by chris martin playing his fucking piano?  would that be arty and cool enough for you fuckers? 

Chris Martin, the epitome of "arty" and "cool".

1 hour ago, Waapster said:

Two things:

The RAF love showing off and believe it helps build public support. Once saw a wonderful show when a Typhoon performed over the car park as we were trying to leave Silverstone after a Grand Prix. I have never heard anything like it before or since.

I'm also sure I remember reading (don't ask for source, I've looked and can't find it) that fast jets use Glastonbury for training to familiarise with flying over large refugee camps. I'm not sure I believe his but I do think I read it. I've certainly told people about it!

I've heard that too, never read anything about it though...

8 hours ago, Waapster said:

Two things:

well that part ' may be current ' but they were not involved in many refugee camps in the 80's so that does sound that someone is spinning a story - there has been reports where some RAF Commander
was claiming that they had strict instructions to stay away - well they may have them but they don't pay much attention + it was highly doubtful that this guy has ever been to Glastonbury .Up to now they have been lucky but you can imagine the chaos if one crashed down on a large crowd.

9 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

watching AC/DC.

being into AC/DC.

Nah Maiden are way way worse. Although I saw both and both shows put me right off both bands. AC/DC become very boring very quickly.

9 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Chris Martin, the epitome of "arty" and "cool".

He would be to an Iron Maiden fan I suppose. Slick fucker.

Reading through this thread, it's occurred to me that there's bound to be at least a few of the hundred-thousand people coming planning on bringing a drone with them. Could get messy.

48 minutes ago, budvar said:

Reading through this thread, it's occurred to me that there's bound to be at least a few of the hundred-thousand people coming planning on bringing a drone with them. Could get messy.

Although hard to pull off. I would imagine other festival goers would pretty quickly challenge anybody seen flying a drone.

1 hour ago, budvar said:

Police drones are most definitely in use already at GF.....

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Interesting....pretty sure there was a drone spotted by a load of folks over West Holts stage a few years back....could plod fly one in a backstage area so as not to overflying a crowd?

It says on the Order that the Police can give permission for somebody to fly within the Restricted Area. Presumably they can and do give themselves permission to whip a few drones about.