DOs, DONTs and wish I'd have known

AndyTheAnimal

Apologies but I haven't seen anything really summarising this. I'm guessing it should probably be based on people's experiences from last year given the new site. Any links for useful information from a wide range of areas, or personal stories or recommendations. Festival neewbie

1. Car Parking
  2. Camping
  3. Food and Beverages
  4. Toilets
  5. Places MUST see and to avoid
  6. Tips and Tricks and general things to know

Car parking wasn't too great last year. With the rain, a lot of cars got stuck in the mud and my friend had to wait 7 hours to get towed out. 

In my experience camping has always been great. Pick a good spot at the top of a hill so when it rains you don't risk flooding but pick somewhere not too far from the arena entrance or by the Sunday your legs will be killing you. 9/10 you'll find some good neighbors camping next to you.

Healthy T has the best food at T and I think it's in a more accessible location this year (last year it was tucked away at the opposite end from where we were) Campsite food is generic most of the time and pretty bland and expensive. I'm sure this is getting fixed this year though because people were complaining.

Arena toilets aren't too bad because they get cleaned each night. The camping toilets get emptied each morning but by the Sunday will probably be a bombsite. Bring plenty toilet roll and wet wipes.

I always recommend Healthy T to people who have never been before, good selection of food. Go for a walk after you've pitched and get your bearings, nothing worse than getting drunk and not being able to find your tent because its pitch black.

A lot of people like to be at the barrier for acts but I find if you hang back maybe 10 or so from the front then you get a better view and you're not crushed against the barrier.

Try not to camp too close to the arena entrance because when the mass exodus happens at the end of the day your tent will get trampled.

On the subject of the bogs, don't buy refresh. Great idea, but impractical due to the distance you need to walk between refresh and the arena.

Pick your battles carefully, choose a few acts you want to get up close for. Spending all weekend working your way through a crowd is no fun, and one moshpit too much may cause an injury

20 hours ago, redyellowedge said:

On the subject of the bogs, don't buy refresh. Great idea, but impractical due to the distance you need to walk between refresh and the arena.

Pick your battles carefully, choose a few acts you want to get up close for. Spending all weekend working your way through a crowd is no fun, and one moshpit too much may cause an injury

Yeah I got Refresh last year for the first time and went once... We were like a 20 minute walk away and it just wasn't worth going at 5 in the morning to avoid the massive queues.