I know there's no substitute for Glastonbury, but.....

DaveyGee

1 hour ago, Martin Ashford said:

I went to Boomtown a few years back and loved it but it's not for the faint hearted as the entire 35,000 crowd were off their faces all weekend so its quite an intense one.

I thought that levelled out a bit last year but I will add my very high recommendation for Boomtown - went for the first time 3 years ago and can't imagine missing it now. I should also say that, although I've always liked a variety of music, I'm generally an indie kid but not knowing much about some of the prevalent genres has added to my enjoyment as I follow lots of other people's recommendations, explore things with an open mind for myself and get immersed in the fabulous world they create every year! It really is brilliant.

Edit: Here's the review I wrote for efestivals after my first experience to give you a better idea (it hasn't changed but it has grown). 

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/boomtown/2013/review1.shtml

Edited by jimmyt

I really hope you get a ticket and have my fingers crossed for you in the resale.

For various reasons I missed last year's festival and was gutted - however a substitute, albeit a poor substitute compared to the real thing, was the BBC's online and red button service. I watched far more acts than if I was there.

I tried to live the experience at home - the wife and kids weren't best pleased when I refused to have anything but a baby wipe wash for 5 days, started drinking everyday at 9am, mullered by 12, purposely leaving the kids toys out to re-enact the sensation of tripping over things in the dark whilst trying to find my bed. The real arguments started when I removed the u-bend and placed a bucket under the sink to in order to recreate the longdrop experience. But on the bright side, my feet weren't battered from all that walking between stages.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Doughnuts said:

I tried to live the experience at home - the wife and kids weren't best pleased when I refused to have anything but a baby wipe wash for 5 days, started drinking everyday at 9am, mullered by 12, purposely leaving the kids toys out to re-enact the sensation of tripping over things in the dark whilst trying to find my bed. The real arguments started when I removed the u-bend and placed a bucket under the sink to in order to recreate the longdrop experience. But on the bright side, my feet weren't battered from all that walking between stages.

Should sell tickets, start your own festival.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Doughnuts said:

I really hope you get a ticket and have my fingers crossed for you in the resale.

For various reasons I missed last year's festival and was gutted - however a substitute, albeit a poor substitute compared to the real thing, was the BBC's online and red button service. I watched far more acts than if I was there.

Ha Ha, just like Galsto ;)

Thanks for the good wishes!!!!

Cheers

Dave