Strategic Camping Location

Honeybane

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got the grandkids in tow, so we'll head straight to Cockmill Meadow. It's just a shame that kids camping seems to now include anyone that may have had a kid (even if the kids are more in their 30's and don't go to Glastonbury), or even just spoke to one once, by accident, or saw a kid as they passed a playground in their car!

Edited by gary191265

We were in Darble/Pylon last year and I loved it. Quieter than Pennards etc, good distance the coaches, close to JP/Silver Hayes etc and we spent a lot of time there. Less people walking through your campsite as well. Never had an issue getting to Pyramid or Other either, but stuff like WH and the SE corner were a bit of a slog to get to. 

Definitely aiming to go back this year.

Just now, Honeybane said:

Is this because it's a crap place to camp or are you not bothered about seeing any of the headliner acts?

I find it busy and noisy, I don;t mind  a walk. and I don't really want to see any of the headliners.  I prefer the park  and that other end in general.

We used to be Woodsies as we'd get the coach and would strategically collapse with all of our stuff on that path from the coach entrance. But last year we were on Kidney Mead. Perfect for William's Green/Other/West Holts as we were right on the main pathway between those and easy enough to get to Healing Fields, Park etc.

The only bad thing is we had to go via the hill of death back to the car several times. Not fun.

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

Youre camping on the antipodes islands? Bit extreme!

the walk back early in the morning it does feel that way. 

we camp in the park or Baileys field. they have a nice vibe and it is quiet enough to get some sleep and there is always space 

last time i camped in Dairy (well on the border with back house and baileys). and loved it. 

this year i'm thinking dairy again but maybe going to push a bit further in towards the park/arcadia this time as i didn't look to hard last time. 

i plan to be there for about 11-12am Wednesday does anyone know if ill get in ok with a 6 man tent?

I like Dairy because it's not too hectic. Going to try for somewhere around there or even South Park as I don't mind the walk and would prefer to camp somewhere a bit quieter where I have some space and can get a decent sleep!

@gerardfenton18 last time I went there was no way through there. You had to walk all the way round.

First couple of years I camped on Kidney Mead, then thereafter on Big Ground. Purely based on laziness - it's very easy to get there from Gate B or Gate C. It's also close to Acoustic (and therefore the real ale bar). However Kidney Mead does have the smelliest toilets on site, and you do wake up to the soundchecking on the Pyramid EARLY on Thursday morning.

Now I camp in Tom's Field (crew). It's a LONG way up the hill :)

2 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

@sophlamb @russycarps i never thought so , just checking in case i missed it, you think i'd have much luck getting in the field that is marked dairy ground on the map (between the toilet and lock up) around 12midday on wednesday?

I've only ever arrived in the small hours of Tuesday night so I'm not sure. I'm aiming for midday-ish Wednesday myself this year too, hence considering moving further out. It's not a hugely busy field though so if there aren't many of you I'd guess you'll be ok.