Three things you're probably not going to do

stuartbert two hats

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

You want to get yourself down to Avalon long drops.  Toilet cleaners on hand all hours, every seat clean as a whistle and a nice shade from the trees as the gentle summer breeze drifts past, definitely the best place to park one on site.

No idea where that is mate. I know I camped in dairy ground last year and that is about it. Look for the spider was the motto :-)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

No idea where that is mate. I know I camped in dairy ground last year and that is about it. Look for the spider was the motto :-)

Trust me, once you find a place you can park your arse in comfort and work out your issues you won't look back.  Leaving site is a ballache I could well do without.

Come to the meet on Wednesday, I'll point you in the right direction, only about 100m down the railway line from the bar.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Tyco office just off Oldham Road. Not a million miles from the Etihad. Spent a good ten years living in Manchester before moving daaaan Saaaaarf.

Yeah, without being rude Newton Heath isn't great.

It's not being rude mate as I have lived here all my life and I know what it is like. We are all products of our environment but it is also fair to say that I am not your typical Newton Heather. 

I choose to live here now even though it is a shithole. It is where I am from and where all my mates are. I grew up on Briscoe Lane and lived just off Ten Acres Lane. Now I live in the terraced houses between Culcheth Lane and Droylsden Rd. The plan is to move to Failsworth though at some point.

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Trust me, once you find a place you can park your arse in comfort and work out your issues you won't look back.  Leaving site is a ballache I could well do without.

Come to the meet on Wednesday, I'll point you in the right direction, only about 100m down the railway line from the bar.

I will be at the meet mate. Need to find where that is first though :-)

28 minutes ago, Pbird81 said:

What is the acceptable compromise - I don't want to have to stand at the back of every gig, but am aware that I can ruin someone's gig without even realising.

I do find myself checking for little people behind me a lot, to make sure I'm not causing an eclipse

I think checking is so kind - I'm just over 5' and so am used to, and am perfectly happy with and accepting of, slightly blocked views but if somebody who's approaching 6' or more stands directly in front of me then I haven't got a chance, and I could so easily just slip in front of them without causing any hassle whatsoever!

3 minutes ago, feline said:

I think checking is so kind - I'm just over 5' and so am used to, and am perfectly happy with and accepting of, slightly blocked views but if somebody who's approaching 6' or more stands directly in front of me then I haven't got a chance, and I could so easily just slip in front of them without causing any hassle whatsoever!

Wish more people had this mindset! I never push through the crowd when it's busy or when an act is on, but sometimes (often between acts) when the crowd is quite spaced out and dispersed, my friends will want to get closer and I'm always the lone 6"3 guy feeling anxious that I've just stood in front of someone who now can't see anything. 

I'll always apologise and ask if they'd like to stand in front of me instead but it''s definitely no fun feeling like everyone behind you wants to chop your lanky legs off. 

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

1) Go and see any indie lads with guitars and the lads indie landfill guitar bands.

2) Shout at, heckle and abuse any indie lads with guitars and the lads indie landfill guitar bands.

3) Get marmalised the fans of any indie lads with guitars and the lads indie landfill guitar bands.

Wow I'd totally forgot that word even existed. Was it one of the Diddymen who only used to say 'I'll marmalise ya'?

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Unfortunately mate no. I am from Newton Heath which is pretty much one of the shit holes of our fair city.

Not sure you have read the Wibble thread. There were a few of us discussing our digestive disorders in there. The plan is to leave the site each day and use a proper loo, then hope I can last again till the following day. That way it saves me any embarrassment and saves the person who followed me having nightmares :-)

oioi, i'm from moston!

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Where abouts? I am sat at my mums at present in New Moston and I went to St Matthews school.

Just off Lightbowne Rd closer to the new police station. I went the girls school, small world ey. Reading your other posts about moving to Failsworth at some point, same here it seems half decent compared to round here.