The Missing Acts?

Wakey321

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Nor me, probably around the same time Mike Skinner's Tonga was on. The tent was pretty full for that but outside was a sea of people. Quite a surreal experience.

Skinner and the Tonga (Balloon) gang will be back this year, at the rum shack apparently (not sure of the day though).

Was hoping for Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, for middle/early Pyramid slot, after they absolutely nailed Acoustic subheadlining a few years ago (best performance of that festival). Possible reason that they are not on there is that they have forest dates to sell - or they're not playing because they have forest dates. They do have a nice free date on Sat 25th (or Sun) though when they are usually playing Fri and Sat of successive weekends.

So are all the other acts confirmed already or do we think that negotiations are still taking place? Is the process of releasing the poster with a handful of the acts done so to whet the appetite or is it done because there are things still to be agreed?

11 minutes ago, jed300 said:

So are all the other acts confirmed already or do we think that negotiations are still taking place? Is the process of releasing the poster with a handful of the acts done so to whet the appetite or is it done because there are things still to be agreed?

by the sounds of Emily on 6 music yesterday all the acts are confirmed

On 29 March 2016 at 10:48 AM, stixmcvix said:

Still keeping fingers crossed for The Maccabees, Ben Folds, Alt-J, Lianne La Havas, Proclaimers, Deacon Blue, Everything Everything, Fleetwood Mac (in my dreams, I know), Katy B, Paramore, London Grammar, Slayer (where did that wonderful rumour come from?!). Just one of those would be grand for me.

Ben Folds would make my weekend!

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm not. Saw them a few years ago at the Hyde Park Olympics shebang. They haven't aged well.

I saw them at Y not festival last year and I thought they were superb. I am a little biased though as I do love them but the rest of the crowd also seemed to love them. 

I suppose even the best bands can have an off day.

I saw Charles Bradley last night at Rough Trade in London and I'd love to see him added. Caught him during the Daptone Revue a few years back and he was phenomenal. His cover of Changes live is something else.

Playing in Europe all summer it seems, few dates dotted about near Glastonbury but nothing from the June 15th to July 8th.

On 29/03/2016 at 11:11 AM, DeanoL said:

Nah, Eavis won't let comedy acts on the main stage and they're too big for the tents. (Aka the answer to Why doesn't Bill Bailey ever play Glastonbury anymore?)

Well there will be plenty of random acts scattered around smaller stages, because this poster covers just five stages of the 100+ there. But it barely covers half of all those.

As for the rest, depend on your value of 'big'. I doubt we will see many more acts that trouble the singles charts or get played on commercial radio, but if you mostly listen to radio 2 you might see a fair few more 'big' acts.

I have very limited internet access on a trip to Cornwall but has no one else pointed out that Spinal Tap were on the Pyramid recently. Not to mention Kanye, if we're talking joke acts.

35 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

I saw them at Y not festival last year and I thought they were superb. I am a little biased though as I do love them but the rest of the crowd also seemed to love them. 

I suppose even the best bands can have an off day.

As a proud Brummie I'll always have a soft spot for them (Villa Leisure Centre in 95 was my first gig) but they've been awful last few times I've seen them.

1 hour ago, LeeGalvin said:

I love how someone downvoted me for saying I thought Richard Ashcroft would be on the poster! Odd.

Odd, petty, moronic...plenty of options there, Lee.

I'm just too nice. I'd only actually have an upvote option! I do quite like how thewayiam and penguin almost wear their enormous negative red ratings as medals of honour!

Ben

29 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Odd, petty, moronic...plenty of options there, Lee.

I'm just too nice. I'd only actually have an upvote option! I do quite like how thewayiam and penguin almost wear their enormous negative red ratings as medals of honour!

Ben

I sometimes downvote bit that's only due to fat fingers and a touchscreen. Always try to redress the balance.