The Missing Acts?

Wakey321

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy with the first poster with at least 20 acts I'd love to see already. To add to the huge clash potential I'm waiting on:

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats 

Tame Impala 

Tallest Man On Earth 

Flyte 

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

Sufjan Stevens 

Frightened Rabbit 

The Temperance Movement 

Mystery Jets 

Hall & Oates 

Gutted that Steve Mason isn't going to be there. His album is my favourite of the year so far. 

I was hoping for Beach House as well. Also, Danny and the Champions of the World who appear to be playing many UK Festivals and not on the poster. They define Americana to a t. I can't think of too many acts named after a Roald Dahl book

Also, no Folky stuff announced. I guess that does not include being put on the poster as more of a niche market. I saw Fisherman's Friends in concert last November and they confirmed then that they were playing Glastonbury

2 minutes ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

Also, no Folky stuff announced. I guess that does not include being put on the poster as more of a niche market. I saw Fisherman's Friends in concert last November and they confirmed then that they were playing Glastonbury

Only the top acts on the Avalon and Acoustic (the bigger folky stages) are likely to appear on the first poster based on previous years, expect plenty more to come on the full poster and then even more on the full website line up which will include most of the tiny venues.

6 minutes ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

I was hoping for Beach House as well. Also, Danny and the Champions of the World who appear to be playing many UK Festivals and not on the poster. They define Americana to a t. I can't think of too many acts named after a Roald Dahl book

Danny & the Champs played The Acoustic a few years back and were excellent,  hoping they make a return. They were on after Hozier, it thinned out a bit after he finished, no taste some people.

2 hours ago, little_jim said:

I was hoping for OCS with Moseley Shoals being 20 years old, classic album with the obvious festival sing along song. Who knows they may pop up, that being said Steve Cradock played with Weller last year.

Well they are doing Moseley Shoals at IOW this year so it's not beyond reasonable doubt they could pop up, but surely they would have been on the poster?

9 hours ago, northernbro said:

Tame Impala !!! :(

Undoubtedly the biggest omission, but as has been pointed out elsewhere, the lineup we have so far is stacked heavy with acts who could fill the last 4 slots on any stage and it looks unlikely that such slots are free for a band of their size right now.

I'm still hopelessly optimistic that they are going to be a late surprise for us.  That perfect gap in their touring schedule that sees them finish a US tour a week before and playing European festivals from the week after just has to be for a reason (clutching at straws to the bitter end).

7 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Was hoping for thee oh sees, but think they may still be added for William's Green. (fingers crossed).

would absolutely love that, although tbh i think they're just the type of band that would be totally off Glastonbury's radar. plus they'd have to be on the Park a-la Dinosaur Jr a few years back

32 minutes ago, bethannny said:

I've convinced myself that Blackalicious are going to be there as they're doing a show in London on the 24th and nothing else. So them. 

Also hoping for Frightened Rabbit as they're doing Down the Rabbit Hole and can surely pop over. 

Ooh Blackalicious is a good shout. That album last year was fantastic.