The Missing Acts?

Wakey321

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Stonebridge on the Thursday wouldn't surprise me.

Nor me, probably around the same time Mike Skinner's Tonga was on. The tent was pretty full for that but outside was a sea of people. Quite a surreal experience.

Edited by BlackHole2006

Wonder if Kendrick was asking for too much $$$ to play, or whether they're waiting until next year to book him to headline Other / sub Pryamid after his new album?

Just seems like a massive missed opportunity this year ... But as the rest of the line up is so good I'll let them off! 

Just now, st dan said:

Wonder if Kendrick was asking for too much $$$ to play, or whether they're waiting until next year to book him to headline Other / sub Pryamid after his new album?

Just seems like a massive missed opportunity this year ... But as the rest of the line up is so good I'll let them off! 

i couldn't hazard a guess at why he wasn't booked this year, but i doubt he'll have a new album ready in time for next year. reckon come the next album he'll be headlining Reading/Leeds, and Glastonbury will hopefully pick him up after that, so yeah... in like five years or something...

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Or BST snuck in first and bagged him as an exclusive and his management are actually honouring it.

Suppose, but ultimately that's the choice of the artist though .. BST may have offered him more money to be an exclusive, but he didn't have to accept it. 

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Or BST snuck in first and bagged him as an exclusive and his management are actually honouring it.

I mean, it's fair enough to disregard an exclusive now, looking at this bill, but Kenny had a midweek do in New Orleans and no June European shows. It was purely wishful thinking if you expected him to be there.

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Suppose, but ultimately that's the choice of the artist though .. BST may have offered him more money to be an exclusive, but he didn't have to accept it. 

Why does he have to accept Glastonbury if they came knocking? What's it to him or his management?

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Why does he have to accept Glastonbury if they came knocking? What's it to him or his management?

He doesn't have to accept Glastonbury's offer to play at all - it would just be interesting to see if they at least tried to get him whilst he's around.

I'd like to think they did enquire. It all just seemed to make perfect sense for him to play this year, but if he's taken the money and the BST exclusive tag, then there's little Glastonbury organisers could do I suppose. 

26 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

No St Paul and the Broken Bones yet :(

Doubt there's any Avalon acts on the poster so hoping they will be playing there.

Given their tour dates, they can't not be playing. Friday & Saturday still free.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Doubt there's any Avalon acts on the poster so hoping they will be playing there.

Given their tour dates, they can't not be playing. Friday & Saturday still free.

Hope your right

But they did have 2 free days last year and didnt play

1 hour ago, st dan said:

I reckon BST probably offered him more and / or Glasto asked him too late

38 minutes ago, little_jim said:

I was hoping for OCS with Moseley Shoals being 20 years old, classic album with the obvious festival sing along song. Who knows they may pop up, that being said Steve Cradock played with Weller last year.

Last time OCS played it was on Acoustic and there are no acoustic acts on the poster