The Missing Acts?

Wakey321

1 minute ago, DJ Cull said:

Oh yeah, I always get confused & think that Vince Staples is an old bloke out of the Staples Singers. Will have to check him out a bit more.

his album Summertime '06 is very very very good! were it not for Kendrick's album last year i'd say it was the best hip hop album of the year

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not until confirmed they aren't ;P.....and it won't be a big spot. Glynne, TLSP and Adele to finish that night....ain't getting better!

Madness on before TLSP according to Neil so looks like Glynne will be elsewhere, although i guess she could easily be on before Madness

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Pretty gutted at the lack of Tame Impala and Kendrick, if I'm honest.  Hoping these are acts that will be added later still.

almost certain they won't be unfortunately - both top 3 Pyramid acts which all seem more than accounted for

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Madness on before TLSP according to Neil so looks like Glynne will be elsewhere, although i guess she could easily be on before Madness

I'd expect Jess Gylnne to be 3rd, TLSP 4th with Madness below them in 5th.

She isn't going to headline JP/WHs and Other stage that day top is full. 

Bah, Tame Impala were the band I was most looking forward to.  I'd just ordered a huge batch of acid specifically for that purpose. 

The one thing I'm made up about though is Of monsters and men, who I was absolutely certain wouldn't be there due to their schedule, they're absolutely one of my favourite acts both live and on record of the last few years and they always bring sunshine and smiles.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd expect Jess Gylnne to be 3rd, TLSP 4th with Madness below them in 5th.

She isn't going to headline JP/WHs and Other stage that day top is full. 

Jess Glynne third!? are you mad?! in what world is Jess Glynne that big? she'll be fourth Pyramid best, possibly on another day, or lower. Jessie J played sixth down on Other when she was at the same level as Glynne so i wouldn't be surprised to see similar happen this year

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Jess Glynne third!? are you mad?! in what world is Jess Glynne that big? she'll be fourth Pyramid best, possibly on another day, or lower. Jessie J played sixth down on Other when she was at the same level as Glynne so i wouldn't be surprised to see similar happen this year

No, I'm really not. She is doing the same Eden's slot where no act there has played below 3rd as far as I'm aware. If you can find one go for it. PJ 3rd down equivalent, Paloma Faith 3rd down, The XX closed it but essentially the sub. It's not that impossible.

I have only just seen that Neil said for them to be 4th down....so yes Glynne 5th down or 4th on the Friday possibly. No problem seeing her either way.

Edited by thewayiam

Very surprised about Tame Impala. Was banking on that (not to make me go, just as a prediction) Seen them twice in the past year, but was bang up for a 3rd time. HOWEVER, they are not announced on any UK festivals at all atm. There's only a festival in Ireland in July that's relevant. So maybe there's a reason for that...

got a feeling they might be the last bestival headliner after their show last year as a hunch.

I'm amazingly chuffed with the first poster, as it would not be in anyway unusual for me not to see huge amounts on there that I really love. However, this year is pretty fabulous on that first drop. Now I'm even more stoked for the smaller stages' individual announcements, allowing me to fill in the gaps of my wall-to-wall band days and wall-to-wall DJ nights!

Only 'big one' missing for me so far is Animal Collective, who I do not see turning up later, as they are back and forth across the Pond too many times this year ever to have made GF2016 likely. But, with EITS, Sigur Rós and FloPo on the poster, I'd be a spoiled brat to be anything other than delighted today!

Ben

1 minute ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Was hoping for Faithless. I'm surprised Craig David's not on there - he's particularly at every major festival this year. Not that I really care that much. Would be a fun addition though

considering Craig David still seems to be doing this TS5 thing and not full sets i wouldn't be surprised to see him added later on