JP: Underworld, Daughter, Dua Lipa

Sat

Pyramid: Adele, Disclosure, Last Shadow Puppets, Madness, Art Garfunkel

Other: New Order, Chvrches, The 1975, Jess Glynne, AlunaGeorge, Stormzy

West Holts: Sigur Ros, Santigold, Lady Leshurr, Baaba Maal

Park: Mercury Rev, Grimes, Floating Points, Richard Hawley

JP: Two Door Cinema Club, Mac Demarco, Band of Horses, Ezra Furman

Sunday

Pyramid: Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, ELO, Skepta, Cyndi Lauper, Syrian National Orchestra

Other: Bring me the Horizon, Years & Years, PJ Harvey, Ronnie Spector, Hinds

West Holts: Earth Wind & Fire, Gregory Porter, Ernest Ranglin, Rokia Traore

Park: M83, Guy Garvey, Kurt Vile, St Etienne, Laura Mvula

John Peel: Bat for Lashes, Savages, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Lapsley

However I'm still not sure about that at all...

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

M83 thing is interesting.

I had M83, EITS and Bat For Lashes as Park headliners. Bat For Lashes is Sunday evening and this M83 news would then obviously put them on Saturday, leaving EITS Friday. No one in their right mind would clash EITS and Sigur Rós, so therefore Sigur Rós Saturday night and the clash with LCD is gone.

More likely is just that those aren't the 3 Park headliners but oh well.

Works perfect with my idea of them subbing Sigur Rós on the West Holts on saturday

55 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i really don't see Two Door Cinema Club headlining John Peel.

they're fairly poppy/mainstream and I'm sure their new singles will get plenty of R1 airplay again.

4th down on the Pyramid is my guess.

Good point actually, 

Friday Pyramid: Muse, Foals, ZZ Top, TDCC, Skepta, Wolf Alice

Underworld, Jake Bugg and Grimes as JPT headliners

James Blake, Sigur Ros and EW&F on West Holts.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Don't do it. The time walking between other and John Peel means you miss loads. 

Yeah, that's true. Perhaps not so bad if Underworld are playing WH, but JP would be a bit of a trek. Hmmm...

I'm sure when it comes to it I'll be loving LCD so much, that I won't want to leave and a great night will be had anyway!

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Both James Blake and Sigur Ros on WH seems pretty gloomy for what is usually party central

I can only really see James Blake as a WH sub rather than a headliner. James Blake subbing Underworld on the friday, M83 subbing Sigur Rós on the saturday and Santigold subbing Earth, Wind & Fire on the sunday is my guess.

55 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I can only really see James Blake as a WH sub rather than a headliner. James Blake subbing Underworld on the friday, M83 subbing Sigur Rós on the saturday and Santigold subbing Earth, Wind & Fire on the sunday is my guess.

i can't see past James Blake headlining whatever stage he's on, so reckon he'll be on JP myself. may be a tad more suited to WH than Sigur Ros, but stage setup wise, which of those two is gonna own the West Holts stage and which of them would fit comfortably in a tent?

although i do like your suggestion and very much hope it comes true as it fixes so many clashes for me - being able to see Foals, LCD Soundsystem, M83 and Sigur Ros is the perfect outcome - couldn't give a shit what happens on the Sunday after that

14 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Just thinking - there doesn't seem much on the poster that could be in acoustic so possibly they've not announced owt yet which means Arthur of the Simons will be on pyramid in afternoon. Hope so. 

I still think AG is way too big for the acoustic, too many curious bypassers. Teatime pyramid surely?

23 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

M83 thing is interesting.

I had M83, EITS and Bat For Lashes as Park headliners. Bat For Lashes is Sunday evening and this M83 news would then obviously put them on Saturday, leaving EITS Friday. No one in their right mind would clash EITS and Sigur Rós, so therefore Sigur Rós Saturday night and the clash with LCD is gone.

More likely is just that those aren't the 3 Park headliners but oh well.

What M83 news?

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

With Kamasi Washington announcing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday gigs after Glasto, I'm assuming that confirms him for the Friday. 

wouldn't that make him more likely for the sunday? If he wants to do a series of consecutive days in the uk after playing France on the saturday. I mean he could play friday but if it's because you're thinking "he needs a day free for rest" then it kinda means nothing anyway because either way he'd be playing glastonbury the day after playing france or the day before. It'd be easier to play the day after glastonbury in somewhere in the south of england than 1 day after playing in America like he'd be doing if he played friday.

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

wouldn't that make him more likely for the sunday? If he wants to do a series of consecutive days in the uk after playing France on the saturday. I mean he could play friday but if it's because you're thinking "he needs a day free for rest" then it kinda means nothing anyway because either way he'd be playing glastonbury the day after playing france or the day before. It'd be easier to play the day after glastonbury in somewhere in the south of england than 1 day after playing in America like he'd be doing if he played friday.

He'd be playing 6 days in a row if he did Sunday.

Edited by MattDavies__

14 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

He'd be playing 6 days in a row if he did Sunday.

He's playing Electric Forest and Glastonbury on the Friday/Sunday, so it'll be Electric Forest Friday and Glasto Sunday.

Although playing America on the Friday and Germany Saturday seems werid. Maybe EF have acts on the Thursday.

But either way, he'll be Sunday at Glasto.

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

He's playing Electric Forest and Glastonbury on the Friday/Sunday, so it'll be Electric Forest Friday and Glasto Sunday.

Although playing America on the Friday and Germany Saturday seems werid. Maybe EF have acts on the Thursday.

But either way, he'll be Sunday at Glasto.

Oh, his site has him down for Wednesday in Michigan, which is where Electric Forest is, so I assumed it was that. 

Its France on Saturday, but yeah weird. Guess he's just playing a load of dates on the trot then.