Who's Playing What Day Thread

kingcrawler

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Pinhead said:

Going on past experience its not impossible that Suggs may do a DJ set somewhere in the SE Corner at some point over the weekend. Always good for a laugh and usually quite tounge in cheek.

didn't Madness play a full-band set in the naughty corner last time they played? I think they did.

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Many years ago they played a full set as the band at The Ballroom in Lost Vagueness. Do you mean that one? Suggs has DJ'ed at The Rocket Lounge in the past off his own back even when the rest of the band are not at the festival.

It might have been when it was still Lost Vagueness, yeah.... that was the reason I chose to say 'naughty corner' and not 'Shangri-La'.

I didn't know about the DJing.

I remember there being a considerable muddy crush in The Ballroom at the time with everyone finding out about it mostly that evening and the venue was pretty small.... Suggs may have DJ'ed at other venues around that area too over the years. He's typically pretty far gone and I remember him repeating some tracks over and over again cos he liked them so much.

3 hours ago, RyanS said:

Santigold has announced a Mancheter date on the Friday so will be playing Sat/Sun.

Cheers, added that in. 

Nothing too exciting but The Lumineers, Protoje, Mercury Rev and Bat For Lashes announced their days on their websites/facebook, with the first two playing Friday, Mercury Rev on Saturday and Bat For Lashes on Sunday, although Bat For Lashes was well known on here anyway. Also, Gregory Porter's dates make him seem nailed on for Sunday given he's in America on Thursday and France on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Cheers, added that in. 

Nothing too exciting but The Lumineers, Protoje, Mercury Rev and Bat For Lashes announced their days on their websites/facebook, with the first two playing Friday, Mercury Rev on Saturday and Bat For Lashes on Sunday, although Bat For Lashes was well known on here anyway. Also, Gregory Porter's dates make him seem nailed on for Sunday given he's in America on Thursday and France on Saturday.

Same for Kamasi, on that last point.

M83 at Solidays on Friday. They just announced their day splits, however M83 are the only act at Glastonbury so far. No real loss but Bloc Party ruled out by their addition too, but that's for the other thread.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

M83 at Solidays on Friday. They just announced their day splits, however M83 are the only act at Glastonbury so far. No real loss but Bloc Party ruled out by their addition too, but that's for the other thread.

hmm though M83 were gonna be the Friday Park headliner. at least that removes them from the already clashtastic Friday

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Great news on M83! One less band for the awful Friday night clash.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

hmm though M83 were gonna be the Friday Park headliner. at least that removes them from the already clashtastic Friday

They'd be ideal on Saturday evening in somewhere like John Peel, could have an M83 and Sigur Ros top two on Saturday if things go well which would be fantastic.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They'd be ideal on Saturday evening in somewhere like John Peel, could have an M83 and Sigur Ros top two on Saturday if things go well which would be fantastic.

M83 > Sigur Ros on the West Holts on Saturday would be perfect, and sort out a vast number of clashes. plz plz plz make it so! (or John Peel if needs must...)

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ah, I had heard that..... it's alright. Im not mad on it though. 

this was the one that got me absolutely hooked on em. if you're not a fan of these two then they probably not for you, although they tend to change up their sound a bit with each new album

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

this was the one that got me absolutely hooked on em. if you're not a fan of these two then they probably not for you, although they tend to change up their sound a bit with each new album

Not really into that tbh. Was worth a listen though. I'll scrub them off my list...

46 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

M83 - Never heard anything of them... where to start?

Helllooooooooooooo

Would recommend Before the Dawn Heals Us 100% as a starting point followed by any of these albums:

If you like ambienty stuff I would recommend Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts and maybe Digital Shades Vol.1

If you like 80s sounding stuff I would recommend Saturdays = Youth

If you like more poppy/soundtracky stuff I would recommend Hurry Up We're Dreaming.

Edited by deadpheasant