2016 Line Up Poster

wozwebs

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So having had a proper chance to digest it:

9 x wish list confimed- PJ Harvey, New Order, Foals, Chvrches, TLSP, LCD, Savages, Wolf Alice, Daughter 

2 x hugely disappointing omissions- Tame Impala and Radiohead 

2 x others from the wishlist who aren't there- The Coral, Richard Ashcroft 

Absolutely shit loads of surprising stuff- Sigur Ros, Beck, James Blake, Ezra Furman, Kurt Vile, Madness, TDCC. 

It's good for a first poster, just hope some of the omissions turn up on the stage breakdown poster

going down the lineup...

Savages, Floating Points, Art Garfunkel, Vince Staples, John Grant, Band of Horses, Kamasi Washington, Explosions in the Sky, Hinds, Adele, Foals, Beck, LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey, ZZ Top, Earth, Wind & Fire, The Last Shadow Puppets, Grimes, Sigur Ros, Underworld, James Blake, Chvrches, M83, Kurt Vile, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Bat For Lashes, Mac DeMarco

yep, very happy with that! now to just figure out where the fuck everybody's playing and get over the inevitable shitload of clashes

Great stuff on here - Sigur Ros the undoubted highlight. Beck too.  John Grant's album Queen of Denmark from 2010 was an undoubted classic so look forward to seeing him. As Mark Lamarr said about Richard Hawley,  a national treasure

A mention to the wonderful Rokia Traore. And a nod to Baaba Maal and Ernest Ranglin. Will definitely be checking out the World Music incase they are not at Womad lineup this year.

Who the hell are Bring Me the Horizon?

Just saw it as I left for work. In work now and made it my desktop picture so that I can look like I am pondering work things when actually I'm pondering the line up :) My first thoughts are, nice mix of acts. Most happy about Earth, Wind and Fire and Stormzy...! I am not really into him but a friend at work is so Stormzy caught my eye so I might pop along to see him for my friend! Right, time to secretly peruse it again!

3 minutes ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

Who the hell are Bring Me the Horizon?

A big screamo/metalcore band turned Linkin Park lite in the last 2 years. Sold out Ally Pally on their most recent tour.

You either love them or hate them but they've developed their sound pretty well over the last 3 albums.

That's the best initial reveal I've seen yet. There's 5 must sees in the first column alone and I'm usually happy if I've got that on the day I set out for the fest. Great stuff. 

Just need that bit of luck in the resale a now. 

Quite a pleasing line up (not that I have a ticket and have to endue re-sale day). Chuffed to see Sigur Ros there. Was hoping they'd be there the last 2 years when I had tickets but sadly not. Seen quite a lot of people moaning on Twitter at how poor it is so hopefully that makes re-sale day easier, fingers crossed!

I think the strength in depth is one of the best years ever - I've got three days' worth already - plus headliner wise I've got LCD and New Order. Couldn't be much happier!

Carl Cox

Fatboy Slim

Richard Hawley

Explosions in the Sky

Foals

Beck

LCD Soundsystem

PJ Harvey

New Order

Grimes

Annie Mac

Sigur Ros

Ronnie Spector

Underworld

Chvrches

Ezra Furman

M83

Mercury Rev

Madness

Of Monsters and Men

Just now, theDandy said:

Are we thinking that giving the location of Bring me the Horizon on the poster that they might not be headlining the Other?

Nope, Chemical Brothers were in a similar position last year. 

After the top 5/6 names I think it just comes down to where the names fit in nicely during the design work more than anything else.