Matt42

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Badlands said:

It's been the most timid build up to an announcement since I joined. 

2013 was the best, this place was going crackers in the lead up to the Stones breaking.

Probably my favourite moment on efestivals when the stones were posting hints to playing Glastonbury and this entire board lost their minds

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Probably my favourite moment on efestivals when the stones were posting hints to playing Glastonbury and this entire board lost their minds

That shaky iphone video in October of Michael talking about how they book bands, "so, yeah, I just phone up The Rolling Stones, or whoever..."

I'm excited.  :clapping::pleasantry:

I'm going to Glastonbury.  That's enough for me, there will be plenty of acts on I will enjoy.  There's time between now and June to research music that's new to me from recommendations on here.   At some point tomorrow (hopefully) many more names will be known and I'll be even more excited.

Also getting up for work after a four day weekend is usually difficult. That won't be the case in the morning!

Hopefully the announcement will bring cheer to those of you who are underwhelmed thus far.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

That shaky iphone video in October of Michael talking about how they book bands, "so, yeah, I just phone up The Rolling Stones, or whoever..."

The only time I've been excited listening to Zane Lowe was when he announced The Stones on his show. Wish I could find the audio clip of that.

Just now, BlackHole2006 said:

The only time I've been excited listening to Zane Lowe was when he announced The Stones on his show. Wish I could find the audio clip of that.

I was sat in the pub after work, my eye absent mindedly wandered to the TV in the corner which was showing BBC News at 10. I saw George Allagyah talking, no sound, then the picture shifts to The Pyramid, then The Stones, then "Rolling Stones to play Glastonbury Festival" scrolls across the bottom. Magic.

I don't have the excitement I've had in previous years about the poster, not sure why. Maybe because the bulk seems somewhat predictable (unless we're in some unexpected surprises) and we've already bee given all 3 headliners, most of which have gone down like a lead balloon.

Edited by mufcok

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I was sat in the pub after work, my eye absent mindedly wandered to the TV in the corner which was showing BBC News at 10. I saw George Allagyah talking, no sound, then the picture shifts to The Pyramid, then The Stones, then "Rolling Stones to play Glastonbury Festival" scrolls across the bottom. Magic.

were you not involved in one of the best efestival moments ever? when Neil put the rolling stones at TBC and then they started dropping clues?

Some major memories here

page 103

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

were you not involved in one of the best efestival moments ever? when Neil put the rolling stones at TBC and then they started dropping clues?

Some major memories here

I knew beforehand, but seeing it up on the TV for real was a moment maaaaan. I remember a fair few cheeky comments from Mick beforehand "doesn't is always rain on the Saturday?"

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You can't just go throwing STAND BY YOUR BEDS out willy nilly because you're bored, Matt!

well we have 2 sources saying it most likely tomorrow and a stand by your beds 8-9am, so it has some truth to it :)

Edited by shoptildrop

The headliners have been very safe. I'm hoping for Orbital to close Sunday night on the other stage . Just like they used to . 

I I hope they do announce tomorrow . If they can wait till after nine as I'll be driving until then. 

1 minute ago, shuttlep said:

The headliners have been very safe. I'm hoping for Orbital to close Sunday night on the other stage . Just like they used to . 

I I hope they do announce tomorrow . If they can wait till after nine as I'll be driving until then. 

Bring Me the Horizon looks the likely contender for that slot, no whispers of Orbital at all